DAC Hifidiy Olympic PCM1798 assembly and problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!, today i have received a new transformer :)
I have connected ok now, i connect to USB PC
and works but... i i hear noise in a sound :(
what problem can be ? :h_ache: (remember, a DAC i have connected
to 220V (with transformer in mode 110V - i have burned a transformer,,,and
many another component ? :confused: )

* i have tried 2 tubes and a problem is the same...
* maybe Any transistor ?
* A Cable USB Extension Active 5 meters can do a high noise ?

Here a Video with noise

2012 02 07 14 37 57 964 - YouTube

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I personally strongly not recommend that using this device on USB connection mode.This pcb was designed for people who wanna listen to hi-resolution music,so the coxial connecter should be used.

The tube 6N11 equivalent to ECC88 or 6922,but please keep this tube in hand even replaced by some expensive tubes like Mullard or Telefonken.Only a few 6N11 tubes you can find in China.

Hi, ask: If i want improve my DAC, which components can be modified ? 2 Caps Bennic ?
A Kit comes with 2 Bennic, i see, this caps are chips.
And whats about Crystal 1ppm and Dac 1794 ? (i can replace a Crystal 3ppm default and 1798 , this upgrade - crystal - dac is really better in a quality sound ? or with 2 caps Mundorf i can improve more ?

thanlk you

late reply but here it is.

I would go with pcm1794 and 1ppm upgrade. Its day over night with these on.

Also a good tube does magic.
keep in mind that if you upgrade the pcm with 1794 you will need to change some resistors as well.
Also consider some discretes for the op amps.;)

Nick

Hi, ask: If i want improve my DAC, which components can be modified ? 2 Caps Bennic ?
A Kit comes with 2 Bennic, i see, this caps are chips.
And whats about Crystal 1ppm and Dac 1794 ? (i can replace a Crystal 3ppm default and 1798 , this upgrade - crystal - dac is really better in a quality sound ? or with 2 caps Mundorf i can improve more ?

thanlk you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.