looking for a mentor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a total newb, I have no background in electronics whatsoever, so I know this might offend some. please forgive. I learn much better having someone describe and point things out to me than reading books sooo...

I dont have much money and I spend a lot of time driving so I thought why not build a budget sq system. I picked up an Alpine cd player from ebay and I started wondering if it could be modded, I have no idea how to do such a thing. I did some research and found the service schematic and parts list for the unit. I also have a lot of pictures of the unit internally. What Id like to do is upgrade the coupling caps, opamps, power supply filter caps and power supply decoupling caps. I dont even know where to begin looking for them though. Is anyone willing to teach me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.