High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version build thread (show 'n tell too)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for a general case nothing regal. I miss-stated it.

As long as the load impedance reflected to the driver is correct there should be no problem if the transformer is not a dual primary (CT) version like I'm using with the ct grounded.

Using the transformer I have wouldn't matter either if you left the ct floating.

I was think specifically about the Edcor WSM10K/600 that I must have been discussing in another thread.

OK, I had to test it since the minidac board is ready. I read through the configuration text and gave it a try in HW mode. With only USB connected the led2 gave light. I added power and all 3 shone. My PC found it as an USB Audio device. I chose 192khz and OSR pins accordingly and kept the FSEL pins open...

Silence... The only sound I get is a 2sec "Peeeeeeew" when I switch it off with the combined switch/potentiometer. I have tried the mute pins in every possible configuration without luck.

The rest of the pins are all open.

So this is my story - any successes out there?

Brgds

OK, here they come.

Hopefully they show up...

I can't se them. Well, actually I could :) after submitting...

But anyway I can't figure out what you could find wrong in these pictures... They arn't of a quality where one could pinpoint anything from.

Now this was quite cool... I could take some closeups of your chosing with some lenses I have...

Brgds

Attachments

• DAC 001.jpg
    DAC 001.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 326
  • DAC 002.jpg
    DAC 002.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.