Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2012, 09:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Levinson No 39 Philips CDM12 Transport

Hi There,

After a couple of Wadia's and a Krell with KSS151A and Philips CDM9 Pro laserunits/transports I acquired a Levinson No. 39 with a Philips CDM12 Industrial transport that's much easier to get when I need a replacement.
Only thing is that I'm not really sure if I can swap the CDM12 Ind. (completely with the diecast body and printboard) for the CD-Pro2LF module (VAU1254/31LF). I read on several fora and other websites that this CD-Pro2LF is completely backwards compatible but I'm not quite sure if I won't run into trouble when I try to swap them.
I probably won't get the information from the Harman Audio Specialties Group the owner of Levinson so I'll try it here.
The No. 39 sounds great directly on my ML-2's so I'm willing to invest in a new CDM12 Ind. derivate like the latest CD-Pro2LF.
I can get it in Germany or one of the Jukebox spare/reapir facilities in the States.

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th January 2012, 07:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Go ahead and use the newer CDM12 Pro2LF...No problem
Old 29th January 2012, 08:58 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEno View Post
CD-Pro2LF compatible
3d alinea from the bottom : Philips CDM12 / CD-Pro / CD-Pro2 / CD-ProM / CD-Pro2LF - DutchAudioClassics.nl

No need to cross the border, you can order it from Nico Thevissen in Limboland
Old 29th January 2012, 05:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
3d alinea from the bottom : Philips CDM12 / CD-Pro / CD-Pro2 / CD-ProM / CD-Pro2LF - DutchAudioClassics.nl

No need to cross the border, you can order it from Nico Thevissen in Limboland
I already mailed Nico!
Saw a couple of days ago that this No. 39 has already the CD PRO2M transport.
First I'm gonna try to switch the OPC (Laser Pickup) itself with a specific laserunit if that works or doesn't I'll let you all know.

The motor in the CD PRO2M is a Mabuchi RF300 brushtype unit costing 2 dollars a piece. In the CDM9 there was a brushless type.

Player sounds great directly on my pair of ML-2's though and Levinson wrapped it in a beautiful slidermechanism.

Thanks for the replies, keep you posted.
Old 24th July 2012, 05:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default replace cdm12 with cdpro2lf

Hi, I need to replace the defective cmd12 in my ML 39 with the cdprolf, but found out that there is a 2-wire soldered onto a clock connection which was removed, how can I do the same for the cdpro2lf
greatly appreciates anyone who had successfully done this type of mod , share your precious experience and guidance to me
I m stuck now..
thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 06:45 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi, I need to replace the defective cmd12 in my ML 39 with the cdprolf, but found out that there is a 2-wire soldered onto a clock connection which was removed, how can I do the same for the cdpro2lf
greatly appreciates anyone who had successfully done this type of mod , share your precious experience and guidance to me
I m stuck now..
thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!