NAD c541i not picking up CD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello im new to audio and got myself a NAD C372 amp + NAD c541i cdp....
problem with the cd player is the tray takes the cd in but doesnt lift it up to the laser...i took of the cover..and when i give the tray a lift it starts working (or if i tilt the cd player abit)...then even if i turn the player off or change songs etc it will work fine...but i can not take the cover off every time i want to change cds....
anyway i dont want to pay alot to get it fixed by someone because i bought the cd player for really cheap...does anyone know if there is a easy fix?

hope someone can help

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Usually easy to replace depending on the mech of course... you will have to have a look and see. You might have to unscrew the disc clamp and eject the tray.

Two minutes of a job normally.

Where to get them depends on your location. Just measure the belt "end to end" against a ruler and double the reading for the circumference. Only go a little smaller for a new one, a matter of a millimeter or two.

Check whether it's round or square cross section although if in groved pulleys either work OK if it comes down to it.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/b...=gensearch&Ntt=belts&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.