TDA1543 Non OS DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jean Paul,

I will take it that the PCB will include the bridge and preregulator up to unbalanced RCA analog output with passive IV.

May i suggest to include header for the I2S Input to the DAC so that one can feed the I2s signal externally using reclocking or direct from an old cdplayer.

Keep me in the loop as i am interested in it.

I too am interested in joining in. I have for a long time been thinking about building a simple non-oversampling TDA1543-based DAC, and this seems like an ideal opportunity. Jean-Paul, do you have a guesstimate on when the boards will materialize? Any guess on price? Might it be economically wise to do a group order on chips as well? I guess administration is easier since we're getting the boards as a group as well.

Konnichiwa,

Oscar said:
I too am interested in joining in. I have for a long time been thinking about building a simple non-oversampling TDA1543-based DAC, and this seems like an ideal opportunity. Jean-Paul, do you have a guesstimate on when the boards will materialize? Any guess on price? Might it be economically wise to do a group order on chips as well? I guess administration is easier since we're getting the boards as a group as well.

May I put in some suggestions/requests for this Board?

First, provision the use of both receiver and Chip as DIP and SMD encased Item, as supply becomes more problematic.

Second, consider providing for the asyncronous reclocking (SMD Chip 74AC74) using a canned X-Tal Oscillator.

Third, how about allowing for the use of both TDA1543 & TDA1545, including the required different components on the "ref" pin?

Sayonara

bequerel said:
Is the CS8412/TDA1543 combo phase inverting? I think I read that somewhere, but I would like it confirmed. If yes, is it possible to get the correct phase in other ways than reversing the speaker leads (eg. reversing pin 9 and 10 on the receiver input)?

No, I don't think that the ICs invert the phase.
But I've read that passive I/V inverts it.

But this has to be confirmed, I'm not 100% sure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.