Comparison: SACD & 24/192hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yawn... You forgot to mention that Nyquist was wrong!
No it's not me saying that :D

It's modern audio PCM industry that neglects Nyquist & implements:
"128x, 256x oversampling rates are available in current flagship audio converters "

Nyquist theorem says you cannot retrieve more than 20KHz from a 40KHz audiostream ;)

That is why SACD contains more than 2MHz of real samples.

No it's not me saying that :D

It's modern audio PCM industry that neglects Nyquist & implements:
"128x, 256x oversampling rates are available in current flagship audio converters "

Nyquist theorem says you cannot retrieve more than 20KHz from a 40KHz audiostream ;)

That is why SACD contains more than 2MHz of real samples.
Always interesting how people pull numbers without any relations and think to argue in a way. Also i still don´t get why you bash this oversampling all the time!?
DSD is nothing else but strong noise shaped "Highly Oversampled" data!

The point is that dsd is high rate REAL samples, not mathmatically fudged interpolated samples like OS PCM. I'm not arguing better or worse, since, as I said before, I have not heard a valid comparison of the high res formats vs each other or vs cd format, but I do get his point. Real samples are completely natural sound events, not mathmatical guesses.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.