DIY digital audio coaxial cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
Very good to know you then,I like to be talking to creditable folks,SO if you had the choice of transmission line or lines what would be the correct way to run spdif or I2s or aes/ebu,what I am trying to do Is connect a USB to wielang Dac 7 with the 192 card to DEQ to 2 dcx's and stay all digital till the outputs of the AK4393 then I will try SE FET outputs into the amps Comments please!
I have read it's best to put the DAC between the DEQ and the DCX,,,,I am not a designer but I can build form others ideas,which I am grateful for there contributions!
Thank you,
NS

Last edited:
Without simulating the transmission line or performing actual measurements you can only guess (or us standard practice) values for the series resistors....
Here are some real world measurements of the effect of various series resistors on a signal, in this case the driver output drive current was too strong for the short line so had to be tamed by the series resistor to reduce the reflections caused by this high drive capability. The series resistors (placed as close to the driver output as possible) reduce the current drive, slow the rise time reducing the harmonic content of the wave and reducing the overshoot and ripple.
The original cap was a 22R used because that is what is usually used.

Attachments

• 22R_Term_AP.png
    22R_Term_AP.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 47R_Term_AP_1.png
    47R_Term_AP_1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 56R_Term_AP.png
    56R_Term_AP.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 68R_Term_AP.png
    68R_Term_AP.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 75R_Term_AP.png
    75R_Term_AP.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 82R_Term_AP.png
    82R_Term_AP.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 100R_Term_AP.png
    100R_Term_AP.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 46
Hi Marce,
I am going to try 2 CS8416 in parallel and see if it will work correctly.
I have mostly used I2s point to point ,(2707 to a wm8741) I haven't tried to split it,
My biggest problem for me is splitting DEQ2496 signal into 2 to the inputs of the DCX 2496,I am using the XLR's Left to one dcx and the other (R) into the other DCX, I would like to keep the signal Digital all the way ,I have AES/Ebu on all units maybe I should use those and be happy,The weak spot or bottlenecks are said to be the op amps in and out and several conversions of A to Digi and then back to A to the next component,I have also considered using a signal transformer and slitting it that way,I have sch for dcx2496,but for the DEQ2496 seem to be not available,LOL ,Any suggestions are welcome !
Thanks alot,
NS
NS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.