Raspberry Pi -A New DIY'ers Digital Hub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AFAIK,the pi doesn't support flash? But,I'd be happy to be wrong on that. :)

Pi tips I've gleaned so far: Jumper/replace the polyfuse(s),or otherwise bypass them.
I measured ~0.25V drop across the polyfuse on mine (Pi Model 'B' V2.0 ,single 1100ma polyfuse on the power input jack) with the system booted/idle. (~4.75Vcc,kinda low.)

Also,make sure your power supply is up to snuff. An ample supply of clean/stable 5V power is important.
After bypassing the polyfuse,and digging out a beefier 5V 3A supply,mine is much more stable. :)

I added some heatsinks on the chips,cause I happen to have some the right size. It dropped the temp by a couple-few degrees. Sitting a brushless PC fan on the table next to it,to blow some air over the board/heatsinks dropped another handful of degrees.

Without the heatsinks,It didn't seem to run very hot,even with some mild overclocking. If you're gonna get into more serious overclocking,heatsinks are probably a good idea,maybe even add a little fan too.

Hi all,

Thought I'd update. Been a while.
Someone who knew better how ALSA works kindly took over and implemented a properly working I2S driver. Raspberry Pi • View topic - I2S: Anyone got it running? (answer is yes!)

So, I have an adhoc setup externally clocked (divided down kwak clock for bclk) NOS TDA1541A with raspberry pi, basically running MPD. All things considered (especially how it's currently just lashed up, with a very basic 7815/7915 based PSU) it works a treat.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.