Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just found one ac-dc adaptor that outputs 5v 2.5A. That saves me time and trouble. I hope i'll manage to hook it tommorow without too much damage to the pcb. I understood that i need to remove the resistor near the chip and connect the +5v oh the left of the resistor. Is it ok for the - terminal to be connected to the capacitor near the chip, as shown in the picture from 3 pages ago? Can I remove the resistor without extracting the pcb from the chasis? Thank you, and please excuse my english and my ignorance, but i'm new in electronics and diy. I have some knowledge in electronics, but i've never worked in this domain before. Best regards!

feedback

Hi guys! I did not use the 5v dc adapter that i mentioned because it's a commutation source; i built one insted with the lm7805 and a few capacitors. The result....i was stunned. I don't know how to describe the improvement, but overall it sounds much better. I'd say the sound is much more clean and detailed. So far I have changed the op-amps and made the reg for the 7220 chip. What would you suggest for my next step? What is the 3-rd major improvement? Thank you and have a nice day!

Hi guys! I did not use the 5v dc adapter that i mentioned because it's a commutation source; i built one insted with the lm7805 and a few capacitors. The result....i was stunned. I don't know how to describe the improvement, but overall it sounds much better. I'd say the sound is much more clean and detailed. So far I have changed the op-amps and made the reg for the 7220 chip. What would you suggest for my next step? What is the 3-rd major improvement? Thank you and have a nice day!

Power the new regulator with it's own transformer and then sort the clock.

Get the noise of the 7220 out of the players circuit completely and then stop it from doing any clock distribution.
Clocking the 7310, 7220 and TDA brings significant gains.
Far more than most mods mentioned.
May Day's points are relevant of course, cheap, fast and do help things.
If you want serious steps however you've got to do serious things !!!
Help is available - don't be scared ;)

Ok, then the dem caps shall be! Even though i'm an engineer, can someone exaplain to me what is the purpose of caps in a digital signal path?
I'm not sure which caps i should remove from the signal path.
Best wishes from Romania!

The DEM cap is the cap between pin16 & pin17 on the TDA.

The ones to swap to MKP are the green Nichicon MUSE bipolar(2pcs)

I used 220nF for the decoupling of TDA1541A, except for MSB where I used 1uF, all wima.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.