Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Account disabled at member's request

Default Nokia N8 + PCM2707 to I2S anyone ?

I've been experimenting with an N8 as a usb source ; 32Gb sd card + 16Gb internal, playing flac through Folderplay, using lipo to power a usb isolator and AMB y2 dac. Anyone else tried this ?
Old 22nd November 2011, 05:53 PM   #2
coldcut is offline coldcut  Sweden
diyAudio Member

How does it work? Are you happy with the result? Does Nokia provide their usb audio transport protocol as open source, or does it use industry standards?
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Account disabled at member's request

Hi,

The sound is fine - I suspect it is limited by the 12.000Mhz clock the pcm uses. It sounds better than using the usb on my notebook and much better than the N8 audio jack. I haven't tried it through the hifi yet - just using HD650 headphones.

It installs automatically and pretty much instantly using the usb-on-the-go cable adapter that came with the phone.

All the equaliser, balance, etc, work but the volume doesn't - it can only mute. BTW you can add customised equaliser settings to N8 using Tunewiki although 99% of the time I don't use the equaliser at all.

It is your last question that is the main reason for posting - I have no control over the software/driver in Symbian Anna so I wonder if anyone else has tried this and knows a hack, setting or whatever ?

BTW I also tried it with Tenor Te7022L and it recognised and installed it but with an error saying not all functions supported - and audio is one of them it seems as I couldn't get music to go through the Tenor chip.

Last edited by KlipschKid; 23rd November 2011 at 01:44 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!