DSD Playback system, DSF Player + USB DDC + DSD Amplifier - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2012, 05:28 AM   #111
Bunpei is online now Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOON3876 View Post
By the way.. this is compression function I'm using now. 
Dear Koon,

Thank you very much for showing your compressor code. I told this to Sunacchi.

As for applying your CUDA and AVX or SSE FIR converter techniques to WAV to DSDIFF converter, we are not ready for adopting them. None of us have any NVIDIA graphic cards on our PC.

Best regards,
Bunpei
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:22 AM   #112
diyAudio Member

Thank you, Bunpei-san, for the explanation of the parameters!

Rather advanced software conversion algorithms must be used. I want, of course, the best sonical quality possible, and long conversion times do not scare me, but even after reading your explanations a few times, I cannot decide what gives the best sonical conversion quality except that Tap Cpunt should be as large as possible.

BTW, porting the time consuming code into CUDA code, would be great. I mostly use NVIDIA graphics cards Aimersoft´s video conversion software that I use, can use NVIDIA graphic cards for around 5X faster conversion for certain type of files.

Best regards,
S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
These options are associated with internal parameters.
PCM to DSD conversion consists from two major steps.
1. Upsampling from 44.1kHz to 11.2896MHz (x 256)
Zero insertion and low pass filtering by a FIR digital filter
2. Delta-Sigma modulation

A. Tap counts
The number of taps used in the FIR digital filter
In general, the bigger number brings the better sounds. However, the longer processing time.

B. Kaiser window alpha value
The digital LPF uses a "window" function (the same term that appears in DFT(Discrete Fourier Transform))
Kaiser type window has a characteristic parameter "alpha" which determines a shape of window.

C. Normalization offset
In the FIR calculation for x 256 upsampling, a default normalization factor is 256. However, when an input sound data has a "clipping", it causes abnormality in the calculation. In order to avoid the error, an "offset" value for adjustment was introduced by Sunacchi as a work-around.
If your source contains clippings, you need to set a certain negative value, for example, -5 for this option. In this example, the effective normalization factor is 256+(-5)=251.

D. Pattern number for control parameter set
A noise shaper is a digital control circuit with a feedback. A z-transform notation is used for defining its transfer function. The noise shaper employed in the program is of 7th order. In general, the stability of the function can be estimated by the positions of "poles" and "zeros" in a Z-plane.
In this program, values of parameter zero are predefined in several sets. The pattern number is used to select one of the set.

To Koon,
If you find anything incorrect in the explanation above, please don't hesitate to point-out them.

Bunpei
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:11 PM   #113
diyAudio Member

KOON3876 & Bunpei

I have problems converting files, converter shows attached pic, coul you help me please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00053.jpg (455.3 KB, 290 views)
Old 3rd September 2012, 02:59 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
I have problems converting files, converter shows attached pic, coul you help me please?
The message is issued by GUI program. It says "Output file folder is invalid."
Please click "Options" button on the GUI program screen and select proper folder for your output file at the bottom line of the "Options" screen.
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:28 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Thanks Bunpei.
Old 4th September 2012, 11:25 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

Hi Bunpei, I'd like to ask you a question about DSD to DSD upsampling. I've sent you a PM but your mailbox is full, any way to contact you? could you PM me an email address?
Cheers
Old 4th September 2012, 11:20 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Hi, Jackal29a,

Would you please send me a usual Internet e-mail?
bunpei<at>ta2<dot>so-net<dot>ne<dot>jp

Korg AudioGate provides DSD64 to DSD128 conversion. For DSD64 to DSD256, you need to follow more complicated procedures.

Hide this!Advertise here!