CDpro2 controllers??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to add a remark based on my practical experience as below:
The basic model of Disc player = Optical pick-up + Error correction algorithm + DSP&I/O + DAC chipset + Analog I/V stage + PSU
1) Optical mechanism [Ref:#1]
2) CD-ROM [Ref:#2]
3) DVD-ROM [Ref:#3]
4) Blu-ray ROM [Ref:#4]

Please don’t under-estimate the magic power of a cheap Blu-ray player. The optical decoding and DSP is very strong with common good DSP chipset such as Realtek, Sigma, Marvell Qdeo. Otherwise, you cannot see a very clear picture of Blu-ray movie in the TV. In term accuracy from optical pick-up to DSP, Blu-ray player is superior to DVD and CD players. When CD Pro II launched into market, Blu-ray did not exist. The CD Pro II head may not be better than a Blu-ray optical head. What is the difference between a cheap Blu-ray player and an expensive Hi-end CD player. Based on the model, the major difference is “DAC chipset + Analog I/V stage + PSU”. Therefore, a cheap Blu-ray player with digital S/PDIF output to a DIY USB DAC built with Hi-end DAC chipset, appropriate I/V stage and clean separated PSU is highly competitive to a Hi-end CD player. (i.e. Blu-ray player + DIY USB DAC)

Hello,
For ~96euro you can have the controller board only from tentlabs. (in fact it is the same as the one offered by daisy-laser)
I tried both the dantimax and daisy-laser and definitely the last one has more features implemented and fewer bugs. Not to say that the dantimax is completely unusable, but imo 'the daisy' worths the extra cost.

TentlabsShop

Then you can choose cables/accessories and which one of the remotes you prefer.

@alant4321
of course there's a blue laser and an infrared laser in the player. The quality of the image decoded from a blue ray disc has ~little to do with the quality of audio from a CD read by the same player (still red book)

Last edited:
More information, take a look at new Pioneer BDP-440 Blu-ray player with 24Bit/192KHz DAC
=>May be the lowest price (around USD 250) of Blu-ray in the market supports DSD format which includes BR-audio, DVD-audio, SACD, CD, etc…
=>PQLS (Multi Ch, Bitstream) precision quartz lock system through HDMI, with virtually no jitter transmission of multi-channel music, the best possible sound quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.