can someone help me with get a ps1 to work with a tda 1543 nos dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Am hoping someone can tell me if i can get a tda1543 working with a 1001 ps1, i put together a little dac and placed it close to the cxd2925q dsp using lrck>ws data>data bck>bck am not getting a signal no audio output on tda1543, am pulling my hair out trying to get it to work do i have to set up something else.The original lines going to the ak4309 are open i removed the 3 1kohm resistors. I cant seem to find a pdf file for the cxd2925q ether ive looked hard, i can post pics of mod if needed i usally use my 3d peter Danial dac with a Squeezebox i wanted to see what a nos 1543 would sound like right inside ps1 using i2s if anyone has some advise that would be grateful thax.

The format is different to the degree that the timing of WS on I2S is 1 BCLK cycle earlier. You can compensate for this with a single D-type flip-flop on the Data line, clocked by BCLK. Or you can try the TDA1545A which has the same interface format as the AK chip.

The format is different to the degree that the timing of WS on I2S is 1 BCLK cycle earlier. You can compensate for this with a single D-type flip-flop on the Data line, clocked by BCLK. Or you can try the TDA1545A which has the same interface format as the AK chip.

hay thax for the help, mabee ill just play around with the original ps1 1001 dac given it actuallly sound really good. I just have a soft spot for the 1543 sound i would still like to ad a spdif output to it so i could use it as a transport i just can't find a schematic for one has anyone here done this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.