can someone help me with get a ps1 to work with a tda 1543 nos dac - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2011, 04:37 AM   #1
cicotte is offline cicotte  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default can someone help me with get a ps1 to work with a tda 1543 nos dac

Am hoping someone can tell me if i can get a tda1543 working with a 1001 ps1, i put together a little dac and placed it close to the cxd2925q dsp using lrck>ws data>data bck>bck am not getting a signal no audio output on tda1543, am pulling my hair out trying to get it to work do i have to set up something else.The original lines going to the ak4309 are open i removed the 3 1kohm resistors. I cant seem to find a pdf file for the cxd2925q ether ive looked hard, i can post pics of mod if needed i usally use my 3d peter Danial dac with a Squeezebox i wanted to see what a nos 1543 would sound like right inside ps1 using i2s if anyone has some advise that would be grateful thax.
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:39 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Certainly schematics would be essential if you're looking for people here to troubleshoot...
Old 3rd November 2011, 06:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The AK4309 and the TDA1543 use different input formats.
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:32 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrw View Post
The AK4309 and the TDA1543 use different input formats.
O so it wont work than, i thout it would cause they both have i2s input
but the format is different ? i guess i have some reading to do
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:39 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
The format is different to the degree that the timing of WS on I2S is 1 BCLK cycle earlier. You can compensate for this with a single D-type flip-flop on the Data line, clocked by BCLK. Or you can try the TDA1545A which has the same interface format as the AK chip.
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:27 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
The format is different to the degree that the timing of WS on I2S is 1 BCLK cycle earlier. You can compensate for this with a single D-type flip-flop on the Data line, clocked by BCLK. Or you can try the TDA1545A which has the same interface format as the AK chip.
hay thax for the help, mabee ill just play around with the original ps1 1001 dac given it actuallly sound really good. I just have a soft spot for the 1543 sound i would still like to ad a spdif output to it so i could use it as a transport i just can't find a schematic for one has anyone here done this.

Hide this!Advertise here!