Best digital coax cable - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th September 2003, 10:35 AM   #1
barni is offline barni  Poland
diyAudio Member

Question Best digital coax cable

What you recommend to connect Toshiba SD-900E with Denon AVC-11SR in digital path. DIY cable or fabric ? I can bought all series Stright Wire cables and Supra in good prices. Which will be the best for digital connection ?
Thanks
Rafal
Old 8th September 2003, 01:34 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I recomend a set of good quality 75ohm RCA connectors and a hunk of good quality RG-6U coax cable. I prefer coax as the physical medium (shoddy plastic used in Toslink specs) in Toslink is not very good. Just my personal opinion...

Best of luck!
Tieftoener -- You're ears can sense a movement in air that causes your eardrum to move less than 1/10th of the diameter of a Hydrogen atom! Don't abuse the one of the most amazing organs your Creator gave you!
Old 8th September 2003, 02:06 PM   #3
Klaus is offline Klaus  Germany
diyAudio Member

I tested several cables. Best I found was 75Ohm "high quality" antenna cable for satellite antenna systems. High quality means extreme low dampening and shielding achieved by inner insulation made of air foamed PE plastic. The outer lead is made of 100% covering aluminum foil sometimes plus one single cable. I use BNC connectors on it, the only solution with real 75Ohms impedance. One ferrite ring on it on one side can also improve the performance much, but the geometry has to be tested. Funny sound effects at to big ferrite ring portions. Tell me again that jitter effects are not audible…

Regards

Klaus
Old 8th September 2003, 04:21 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Termination

Digital interconnect should be grounded only in one place like analog interconnects ?
Old 8th September 2003, 05:22 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Termination

Quote:
Originally posted by barni
Digital interconnect should be grounded only in one place like analog interconnects ?

No!...they should be grounded at both ends...the sending and receiving end.

Regards
Old 8th September 2003, 08:32 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks, Tomorrow I'll start looking the best coax cable in my company. I'm working in cable television

Hide this!Advertise here!