PIC or AVR??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I'm having problems in choosing the right processor for this:

:: Digitally controlled audio pre-amp ::

In your opinion, witch one is easyest to program, the PIC or the AVR?

I'm starting on chip programming, and I want to start from the easy one...

Thanks

Pedro Martins

LCD, RC5 remote control in Pic assembler ready code and tutorial here: http://www.sprut.de/electronic/ir/rc5.htm

PGA2310: diyaudio member future has some picbasic code, contact him. I´m on some pic assembler code.

minimalist relays volume controll allready working in my BZLS, some doc here: http://home.arcor.de/dddddd-/relais/relais.html

A LCD is very simple to add, using a larger PIC (i have a prototype with 16F876 running) but i don´t like a display on this piece of equipment. What information do you want it to display?

I've some PIC samples that microchip sent o me.
Atmel sent me some AVR's too.

I would like to display the source, volume and other config menus.
Also lever bars...

The volume and balance control will be with the PGA's I've got some too.

I've read some information of the links above, but...

I can't read the Dutch page...

Thanks anyway for the topic.

On a side note, any book recomendations for AVR/PIC programming? I was thinkihng of getting this book called "Embedded C Programming with the ATMEL AVR" because I'm comfortable with C/C++ and I guess that's a good place to start. Just checking for opinions on this book or others.

That is relevant to this thread, isn't it?

Re: Programmers?

nikonfanatic said:
Any advice or recommendations for a decent pic programmer.

Preferable something that supports a wide range of devices and has a decent windows front end I rather not mess around in DOS if I don't have to.

We have stopped using PIC at work. Too much headache. Now we use AVR. But as a defence for PIC, esay to learn and reliable as long as you do it right. For your rather small application I think it doesn't matter technically. Why to don't you fool around with both?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.