iStreamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought one. However, immediately upon plugging it into my amp it was almost too loud to believe. Being that my amp has no gain control and that I am without a pre amp because the Dynakit ST-35 doesn't need one when coupled with an iPad, is there any way to control the volume? It says the volume is locked because it is plugged in to the iStreamer? :(

Just looked up the istreamer and it seems a high quality dual gang pot is the answer. It should be possible to install it somwhere in the amp and off you go. You might use the search function here on the forum to read about the "lightspeed attenuator" avaiable in kit form and with remote.

I agree. Given that my amp is already built and a wonderful kit at that I don't necessarily want to spend time or effort modding it. I suppose then you're right that my solution is some sort of attenuator or high quality dual gang pot. Can you link me the lightspeed attenuator? If you can't can you recommend any other high quality stand alone volume controls?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.