Yba cd2 delta, classe cdp .3, roksan caspian ... main board - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2011, 08:35 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
I received a question as to where exactly the "new" R164 goes.
I just uploaded an image of the board with arrows pointing where this resistor should be soldered.

Another question was, Is this mod will work on my Classé CDP.3?
I see no reason why it should not work on any player that uses this board.

tiefbassuebertr, On post #5, your second YBA link shows a CD 2 Alpha which is not related to the board in this discussion. This Alpha board was originally used in the TEAC PD-465/475 or ED-500/570, if anyone needs to know.
I wish I knew in which Sanyo or TEAC product the board in this discussion was used but even after flipping hundreds of pages of TEAC service manuals I never found out.
But, I am in contact with someone who should be able to scan and send me a copy of the CEC CD-2100 service manual...

I made a mistake in post #4, R170 became 220 Ohms, not 2k2.
download this manuals:
1) SHARP CD-S600X CP-S600X Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
2) CEC 780CD 880CD Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics or
CEC 780CD 880CD Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

unfortunately there are no internal images of Sharp's CD-S600X, but I think, there is the board from this discussion used.
Try to get in used condition this hifi system from Sharp (for comparable measurements by troubleshooting).
CEC's models CD780 and CD-880 uses at least the same RF and servo IC (LA9200N und YM7121C) and thus the same adjustment procedure is necessary.

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 23rd December 2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:00 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
Mean you this about the follow URLs?
http://www.uksignboards.com/wiki/_me...h=&cache=cache
Buy Tetrosyl Methylated Spirits at Car Spot
what should be achieved?
I would only treat the spindle shaft with a good quality oil (and only clean the treads for the belt from disc- resp. spindle motor pulley and turntable with pure alcohol from the pharmacy).
Commutator segments become conductive due to brushes’ wear. Torque drops as the result.... I found few high end transports that use current starving technic to drive the spindle motor (instead of a belt, for example) – and therefore rely heavily on whatever torque is there to spin-up the CD when play button’s pressed, need to have the motor washed in pure alcohol from the pharmacy every year to restore the torque.

Boky
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:29 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky View Post
Commutator segments become conductive due to brushes’ wear. Torque drops as the result.... I found few high end transports that use current starving technic to drive the spindle motor (instead of a belt, for example) – and therefore rely heavily on whatever torque is there to spin-up the CD when play button’s pressed, need to have the motor washed in pure alcohol from the pharmacy every year to restore the torque.

Boky
Thank you for this advice - I will try this next time.

Quote:
download this manuals:
1) SHARP CD-S600X CP-S600X Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
2) CEC 780CD 880CD Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics or
CEC 780CD 880CD Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

unfortunately there are no internal images of Sharp's CD-S600X, but I think, there is the board from this discussion used.
Try to get in used condition this hifi system from Sharp (for comparable measurements by troubleshooting).
CEC's models CD780 and CD-880 uses at least the same RF and servo IC (LA9200N und YM7121C) and thus the same adjustment procedure is necessary.
the last link was the same than the second - here the correct URL:
CEC 780CD, 880CD Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics
and an auction with more pics:
?????????? ?????? SHARP CD-S600 - 280? - ???

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 23rd December 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:00 PM   #14
Michel is offline Michel  Canada
diyAudio Member

tiefbassuebertr,

I downloaded both manuals from the links in your post #11.
The Sharp CD S600X may use some components as the YBA Delta series board we are looking for but it definitely is not the same.
The CEC 780CD/880CD is the same as the YBA Alpha series so it can be used for the CD 1, 2 and 3 of that series.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:27 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
tiefbassuebertr,

I downloaded both manuals from the links in your post #11.
The Sharp CD S600X may use some components as the YBA Delta series board we are looking for but it definitely is not the same.
The CEC 780CD/880CD is the same as the YBA Alpha series so it can be used for the CD 1, 2 and 3 of that series.
I was informed by phone, that the servo-PCB for CEC's TL-5100 comes from Sharp's hifi system CD-S600. So I assume, that the differences you note are not too large (at least in order to the adjustments).
In the attachment two additional high resolution pics from the auction
WIE?A SHARP CD-S600 2 SEGMENTY OD 1z? BCM OKAZJA (801617123) - Archiwum Allegro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sharp CD-S600 front view.jpg (94.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Sharp CD-S600 rear view.jpg (129.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 6th January 2012, 12:14 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I was informed by phone, that the servo-PCB for CEC's TL-5100 comes from Sharp's hifi system CD-S600. So I assume, that the differences you note are not too large (at least in order to the adjustments).
In the attachment two additional high resolution pics from the auction
WIE?A SHARP CD-S600 2 SEGMENTY OD 1z? BCM OKAZJA (801617123) - Archiwum Allegro
This information wasn't so correct. Although one can speak of a similar topology (and thus helpful cause the adjustment instructions) there is an other PCB in use.
The incorrect information came from the fact, that by the schema from the caller and owner of CEC's TL5100 was note the advice "Identical with Sharp's CDS-600X servo PCB". Unfortunately this was a wrong advice.
I have start now this thread:
Parasound "C/DP 1000" (CDP1000 C/DP1000 CDP) CEC 2100 3100 Service Manual wanted

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 6th January 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 6th January 2012, 03:48 PM   #17
Michel is offline Michel  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hello all,

I have been searching an waiting for over 10 years for that information and Santa has been very nice with me this year...

Here is the full schematic for the CEC CD-2100.

It took some time but a friend overseas has been kind enough to scan the whole service manual and send it to me. I have been working hard to collate all the parts from the schematic and compress it enough to be able to post while still maintaining readability. I will continue the cleanup and conversion of the files and should be able to reassemble it as a complete service manual.

If interested just send me your email address and as soon as my work is completed I will send it. Be aware that the file may be larger than 10 MB so let me know if your mail box can handle it or not. On the other hand I could upload it somewhere as it would be much easier this way. I will see how big is the file when I am done and decide accordingly.

Best regards,
Attached Files
File Type: zip CD2100co.zip (971.3 KB, 129 views)
Old 6th January 2012, 04:40 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hello all,

I have been searching an waiting for over 10 years for that information and Santa has been very nice with me this year...

Here is the full schematic for the CEC CD-2100.

It took some time but a friend overseas has been kind enough to scan the whole service manual and send it to me. I have been working hard to collate all the parts from the schematic and compress it enough to be able to post while still maintaining readability. I will continue the cleanup and conversion of the files and should be able to reassemble it as a complete service manual.

If interested just send me your email address and as soon as my work is completed I will send it. Be aware that the file may be larger than 10 MB so let me know if your mail box can handle it or not. On the other hand I could upload it somewhere as it would be much easier this way. I will see how big is the file when I am done and decide accordingly.

Best regards,
Thank you very much for the schematic.
I think the CEC 3100 isn't much different.
Pics of both about
Casea - vše pro lepší zvuk | fotogalerie
Old 6th January 2012, 06:54 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

about
https://sites.google.com/a/lvsystem....grage-cec-2100
I have found by chance several high resolution pics, tweaking advices and this attached jpg's of the adjustment instructions from the service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cec2100_adj_page1.JPG (226.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg cec2100_adj_page2.JPG (198.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg cec2100_adj_page3.JPG (148.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 7th February 2012, 07:58 PM   #20
opteron is offline opteron  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hello all,

As Mooly pointed out, there is no way to do a proper adjustment without an oscilloscope. You should have between 1.5V to 2V RF at TP16. Sometimes I have to crank that close to 2.5V as many customers want to read CD-R and CD-RW discs and the original setting was a little too low for that. I rarely have to replace laser pick-ups as they are extremely reliable.
You write about increasing laser emission power to get CDR and RW read?

Thanks for R164 info, works well but I think that issue is because ~1V DC on sleed motor. After R164 change is still there but motor react much slower and we can't hear jerking.

Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!