Anyone recognise this pickup/mech ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Can anyone ID this pickup and mech in my Marantz Pearl Lite SACD player.

There's no problem with the player... I was just looking for curiosity and whether it was worth getting one as a spare.

The spindle motor is a small direct drive affair like in DVD recorders etc.

Attachments

• DSCN0002 (1024x882).jpg
    DSCN0002 (1024x882).jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0005 (1024x810).jpg
    DSCN0005 (1024x810).jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 199
Agreed, it does appear to be the same OXX8005 laser & mech from Pioneer, as used in the DV-45A/47ai/59avi/79avi(only know the usa model numbers).
I have a lot of experience with these, and can tell you that it is, so far, the most reliable dvd laser/mech I have ever encountered. Really rather shocked that this great mech would be found in a Marantz piece.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Pioneer loader. Pickup OXX-80xx or OWX-80xx or ONP-80xx

Agreed, it does appear to be the same OXX8005....

I have a lot of experience with these, and can tell you that it is, so far, the most reliable dvd laser/mech I have ever encountered. Really rather shocked that this great mech would be found in a Marantz piece.

Many thanks to you both for that...

Pleased to see it's one you really rate too although no chance of stocking up on these as if they were HOP1200's lol.

The Pearl Lite has been something of a bargain over here at the moment so I took the chance to replace my ageing Micromega this summer.

Thanks again :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.