KPS25S/SC Change voltage and frequency?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for reading my post. This is the first post of mine.

I am writing the post to ask if anyone know that is there is a frequency issue of kps25s/sc

I live in Australia, I am considering to purchase a kps25s from United States and managed to get a good price from a previous owner in United States.

I have a Krell Studio DAC 1 with me which is easy to switch voltage so I assume KPS25S is easy too, until I see this thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/120863-krell-kps25s-110v-220v-how.html

"I change the position of the input switchs and they unit power on and read frecuency error, so..... I pulled the eprom AM 27C010-120DC 5B and in the next day fix the 60hz ."

I aware that there is a voltage problem as well as current EVO series. (I have an EVO202 which is waiting for voltage change in Krell USA). What I am interested about is that how to 'pulled the eprom AM 27C010-120DC 5B and in the next day fix the 60hz'?

I will appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thanks all.

Well I have contacted with the previous owner and he said he can change the eprom for me for $120. Is it fair..?

Also I found this KPS25S have cast output and the previous owner states that 'new ultraanalog chips, and a ton of capacitor changes'. I was wondering if there is any difference between KPS25S and KPS25SC except of the cast output?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As a genaralisation I can't see the difference between 50 and 60 hz making any difference.

The only time it would is if something were locked to the mains frequency.

Haven't a clue what all that is about on the other thread (EEPROM)

As a genaralisation I can't see the difference between 50 and 60 hz making any difference.

The only time it would is if something were locked to the mains frequency.

Haven't a clue what all that is about on the other thread (EEPROM)

Yea it does not make difference for the operation but I can not use it in Australia if it is locked to 60Hz. That is why I raise this question.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Unless it has a real time clock (for the time ;)) that's line locked... and that would be a first... and unless Krell deliberately do monitor line frequency to prevent the player being used outside its intended market then it has to work OK. And again that would be a first.

Everything in a CD player is locked to internal crystal clock...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.