Zen -> Cen -> Sen, evolution of a minimalistic IV Converter

SEN I/V in Oppo 105d

Late to the game but got the SEN working in the Oppo 105D on a trial basis.
Sounds impressive... now for the recharging circuit.

Attachments

• Oppo-SEN-IV--Test.jpg
    Oppo-SEN-IV--Test.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 1,214
  • SEN-IV-Test-Modules.jpg
    SEN-IV-Test-Modules.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 1,188
Hi Patrick,

BTW, polarized alum chemical caps is not a classical choice for power decoupling and my understanding is you choosed bipolar Elna instead Nichicon ES. It was the sense of my question above....

Do you know please if Mark or Xen-Audio could have some SEN pcbs left... or any possibility to print some without transitors ?

I think some people like me would have the luck to have such a pcb for the "Distinction-TDA1541" DIY project in the Digital Line section. But I know you are both very busy... could it be possible to have a gerber file for DIY use only in the DIY spirit ? Me or fellow Ryan who print the Distinction-1541 pcb could try an interrest grup buy list to see if we can print it a low price for DIY ?

Last edited:
No Gerber files from us. Not in my lifetime.
And XEN stands for top quality with no compromise, not low price.
I take it as a personal insult.

You can send Mark a PM to see if he has time to ship you boards.
Be patent, as he does not reply quickly.

Failing that, we cannot stop you using the schematics and do P2P on a vero board.
Cannot be cheaper than that, if that is what you want.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick,

I have already your JG buffer board than Mark sent me in the beginning of the year.

It's not about money but to have a possibility to use the Sen and allow some diyers to use it in our non commercial project around the Distinction TDA-1541 if the eval kit is sold out as they ask for it in our building thread (we start from a coreboard without input & output stages). I ask also as diyaudio fellows report a pcb sound better here as a point to point on a veroabord... but could be a B plan.

I'm going to mail Mark.

Oppo 105 with Sen Fully operational

So finally got the Oppo setup with the Sen I/V fully operational
So far it sounds awesome.

Installed a new set of balances outputs so the original is still in place and operational.

LEDs fully operational - thanks NicMac
LC filter circuit implemented - thanks for all the help Patrick

Getting used to it... may upgrade the other resistors on the SEN
May also look into alternate Civ Caps to the WIMAs... any recommendations?

cheers

Attachments

• Charging---Amber-LEDS.jpg
    Charging---Amber-LEDS.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Saving---Green-LEDS.jpg
    Saving---Green-LEDS.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Separate-output.jpg
    Separate-output.jpg
    964 KB · Views: 965
Just to doublecheck:

I am building a SEN for the AD1865 Balanced with 1mA current output. I have 4 pairs of 2sk369 already glued on the heatsinks that I wanted to use. Reading once again the article it sound to me that the need to parallel two pairs in the SEN is not only to achieve higher current, but also to lower input impedence. The input impedence of the 2sk170 and 2sk369 looks the same from the datasheet, so do I still need to have a total of four devices for each phase for my application or can I just get away with one pair of 2sk369 ?

Thanks,

Davide