little money,which cdp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a arcam 7 se and a cambridge audio 740c , the worst cambridge the 340c will be much better than the arcam 7 , trustme . i had a sony till a few years ago midline cd player , even worst than the arcam , i dont know the sony model you are talking about but if it is in the same league of the arcam , forget it.

And dont think a Dac will make them sound much better , it wont. i had the arcam pluged into a dacmagic , sounds the same , the upsample doesnt change the sound that much.

Last edited:
i didnt read well your post , i´m at work :eek: i did not see the " free " part

i guess you have some skills to do some mods , you can always buy the board to upgrade the 7 to the alpha 9 and mod it from there.those boards are on ebay from time to time

still if you could get your hands on a used cambridge 640c would be your best choice , the difference between the 640c and 740c is the output stage nothing more , if you´re adding a dac later ... the 640c already does 24/192

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.