I2S into a 1865 chip?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the DAC END which is the same as the Audio Note. I want to try I2S direct into the 1865 or in the 74H chip is necessary.

Been trying to get an answer for quite a while, appreciate the advice.

Attachments

• DAC-END-(ash).jpg
    DAC-END-(ash).jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 169
Creating a DIY non oversampling DAC with PCM1704

http://www.justblair.co.uk/a-univer...r-interfacing-decoder-x-with-converter-y.html

I once designed, but never made, a 16/44.1 i2s to ad1862 design using this method. Im not sure of your skill in pcb design and soldering because flying wires will be messy and jittery. Better to use smd for this.

Just to be clear, this is NOT my design or idea. I just copied it, designed a pcb, first time I designed any pcb btw, and then did nothing with that.

I have the DAC END which is the same as the Audio Note. I want to try I2S direct into the 1865 or in the 74H chip is necessary.

Been trying to get an answer for quite a while, appreciate the advice.

You cannot feed I2s directly into the 1865 as it does not support it. (someone suggested this maybe because Analog Devices had not licensed I2S from Philips)

You have to separate the left and right streams by gating the data with the frame sync as AudioNote do so a 74HC02 is needed. You can be sure if it was possible to use I2S AN would have done it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.