C.e.c. Tl51

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

Recently i own a C.E.C. TL51 and i am not really satisfied with the performance of this machine. Although the sound is open, clear and bright, the TL51 is lacking (a lot off) punch. Has anyone on the forum experienced the same ?
The C.E.C has already been modified with a shunt power-supply and some other minor modifications but the the TL51 is lacking body.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks,
Piersma

I experienced the same problem with my philips cd950. Turns out there was a volume switch on the remote (not on the player) wich assumed the default position after being removed from mains. Default being 1 marking away from total digital silence. It was realy lacking punch, even after a two week burn-in period. Only when I stumbled across a suitable remote I found out that I didn't need to perform surgery. One never knows. Regards, frenzic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.