Rega Planet 2000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Attached is the images for cdm271 used in planet 2000 which is the same as sony cdp ca70es.

Attachments

• 2011-08-14 18.20.48.jpg
    2011-08-14 18.20.48.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 2011-08-14 18.20.07.jpg
    2011-08-14 18.20.07.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 2011-08-14 18.20.31.jpg
    2011-08-14 18.20.31.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
This is a changer and therefore not expensive in used condition: here two examples:
Sony CDP-CA70ES 5 Disc CD Player AS IS | eBay
Nice Sony CDP-CA70ES 5-Disc CD Changer | eBay

Hi, thanks again.
I have some bad experience with ebay.

When the focus servo and the focus buffer isn't faulty, one of the supply voltages must be not present.

That's what I thought, maybe the voltage supply isn't reaching the focus servo or the buffer.
Well, that's actually what I hope.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks again.
I have some bad experience with ebay.

You must still find out the telephone number for calling respective the private e-mail address of the ebay member, which offer an article - for asking several things like conditions of shipping and moneytransfer (by correspondence about ebay I often have trouble). The last step should be the making of an offer. This is the best way.

pardon me for asking, but you didn't forget to reattach the lid switch back to its place under the cd enclosure, right? There is a little magnet under the cd lid which triggers the switch when closed. If the lid switch is not near this magnet, the laser will not try to read, and the motor won't spin.

the only "safe" way to buy things on ebay is using paypal

I am not too sure about this. But I do know is that it will take a long time going to and forth with ebay and the other guy and at the end, you just give up while ebay just say there's nothing else they can do or help.
I do not have any problem with paypal till now.

I think I'll try at the 'swap meet' first.

Last edited:
Yes, I did removed the blob of protection solder from the pick-up laser. What would be wrong from the lid switch? Yes, it is a '3 wire switch' with a 'A-41E' inscription on the 'magnectic' piece. But does it does seems to work.

Thanks

I'm trying to replace the laser assembly. I'm not sure where the blob of protection solder is. Could you explain how I can find/solve it?

I have a Rega Planet 2000 with R12 burn. Someone can say to me the value of this resistor?

Also, someone have the schematic? I have find this page with information:

Electronic Service Manual - Contents

The link for the schematic are wrong, the correct are:

Untitled Document

But wen I intended download the pdf's with the schematics, say that I are not allowed to see the page. Someone have access and can share the schematic?

Anticipated thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.