PCM1804 -> TAS5015, Analog PWM amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking into getting the LM4651 as the basis of my PWM design but as I've looked more into it it looks rather undo'able since I need a higher voltage swing... A discrete version would be an option but I've got the parts for a digital amp so I figured I'd investigate further.

My idea was to get a PCM1804 outputting I2S to a TAS5015 in order to get a high quality PWM waveform. From here a backend consisting of a IR2010 and MOSFETS would be used to gain the power I need. Ultimately it would be used as a subwoofer amp(<100hz) so I'm not to concerned about loss of quality when converting back to digital.

The questions I've got are-
In what situation would the TAS5015 need to be reset? As far as I am aware the 1804 doesn't need a reset and should constantly output data.
For a full bridge design, is it ok to feed the same signal to the L & R channels with one inverted to gain the full bridge?

Thanks for your help
fr0st

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.