Marantz CD6000 OSE - analogue output not working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I'm new to the forums so not 100% sure this is the right place for this but fingers crossed...

I have had my CD6000OSE for several years now and although it doesn't get huge amounts of use, I do love it.

Anyway, yesterday I was tinkering around having got hold of a free amp and wanted to test it out.

I switched on my CD player and played a cd, and was greeted with output from only one channel.

After much testing of different leads, different amps and different inputs, I have confirmed that the problem is with the cd player itself.

I have tried hooking it up via the optical output and it worked fine, also, the headphone socket is working perfectly.

The one analogue channel that does work is pretty flaky and only works if I give the lead a wiggle and find the sweet spot... the other is not doing anything.

My guess is maybe broken solder jointson the analogue connectores?

Has anyone else had this problem with this model of cd player, or have any other thoughts about what it might be and how I might fix it?

Also, does anyone have a service manual for this model so I could take a look at it myself if it's not likely to be something really complicated...

Any help very much appreciated as I would love to get my beloved cd player working again..

Thanks

Valve

You make it sound so easy....lol

Tomorrow I'll have a look and see if it's obvious where the problem lies, fingers crossed and I'll be able to sort it easy enough.

If not, does anyone know anywhere good in kent that would be able to repair it for me (and maybe add in the capacitor that would get it playing cdrs at the same time)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.