laser pick-up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sony cdp

This one ?

Attachments

• SonyKSS272A-w.jpg
    SonyKSS272A-w.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 140
Nice.
But you need to be sure...
Apparently the that CDP came with 2 different laser assemblies the early ones with the KSS271 and the later ones with the KSS272A.
If you use the search function of the forum you will find lots of information.
I found a supplier that has the KSS272A in stock but you will have to email/call him to confirm that.
going to look for it and post it here.

Ric

Back from holiday!! the strange thing is... that the CD player is back to life! I mean, it reads the toc as usual and then it starts to read !!??!!:scratch2: frankly speaking I'm not happy with it! It means that could be not the laser but something else, like electrical fault! What do you think? nothing is been done on the CD player. The official Sony service says that is the pick up! but not a word about this weird behavior!!!!:D

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Impossible to say what's going on without detailed testing.

An oscilloscope check of the RF is the only way to check the pickup.

Could it have been a weird logic issue and leaving disconnected has reset it ?

As an electronics tech I have come across this many times on all sorts of kit where power needs to be removed for many hours/days to allow any slight residual charge that may be holding logic/microprocessors etc in an indeterminate state to dissipate. You'll just have to see what happens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.