Cd player Telefunken CD 500 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2011, 05:45 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Cd player Telefunken CD 500

Anyone can help me to find service manual or schematic of telefunken Cd 500? The player can not read cd, i just change optical pick up a new..Tq
Old 17th July 2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Did the new pickup come with a static shorting link (solder blob)... if so have you removed it ?
Old 27th July 2011, 06:06 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The player not respon now when inserting cd,
Old 27th July 2011, 07:20 AM   #4
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Is that after fitting a new pickup ? what type of pickup/mechanism does this player use ?

tbh I think you are going to struggle with this.
Old 27th July 2011, 08:01 AM   #5
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
The cd500 uses the KSS210A so if you did not remove the solder blob it won't work.

The laser is very static sensitive so it is also possible that you blew the new one.

Andy
Old 29th August 2011, 12:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

My cd just sent my friend.he is working in pioneer dealer.he said This cd some problem in memory.The cd can not work normal,what ever just change optical pick up a new.
Old 29th August 2011, 07:49 PM   #7
ide2003 is offline ide2003  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

hi herpsq13, I did repaired successfully the brother Telefunken CD300 last year. If the main board is similar then the chip L272M may be damaged, its a 8pin power opamp driving the servo, so don't give up, I know it's hard without schematic. It's a nice sounding 2 fold oversampling multibit player, close to NOS tda1541 , the owner loved it
Old 16th September 2011, 07:38 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

ok,i'll try it to replace the chip.Cd use it ToShiba Dac,I just hear it the big series like Cd 1000 in my friend, the sound is good,focus,no ear fatigue, wide staging,vocal is open.It use BB PCM 58.Tq
Old 26th March 2014, 06:59 AM   #9
44ct357 is offline 44ct357  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default telefunken 500 cd

hi all
new to your site.
40 years electronics experience from xtal sets in the 70's to the latest equipment having spent the last 10 years anslysing, upgrading, etc on all chinese equipment from the bottom to the top.
electronics is my life.
on your post about the 500, one came into me for repair.
optic not reading.
wd40'd the motors, which is a common fault on all cd dvd systems as they get dirty and the 4 channel servo gets a touch confused spinning away until release velocity occurs. that when you swing the unit by the mains lead and cant hold on!
usually give them a spin at about 3-6vdc to clean the brushes, which they had used brush less pulsed.
still no reading.
pot damaged by someone on the cable, going to replace and set.
if that does not work then i am going to d-a/ audio line, cut it and put a set of rca's on the back panel and join dvd/cd/whatever.
low power unit so i will pop a write off 2 x 40watt class ab pcb with psu.
anyone have any ideas which is audio dac on the pcb.
save me checking all on datasheet archive, my favorite.
looking forward to having some fun with all.
colin44ct357@hotmail.com, Cape Town SA.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:49 AM   #10
44ct357 is offline 44ct357  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default telefunken 500 cd

hi all
new to your site.
40 years electronics experience from xtal sets in the 70's to the latest equipment having spent the last 10 years anslysing, upgrading, etc on all chinese equipment from the bottom to the top.
electronics is my life.
on your post about the 500, one came into me for repair.
optic not reading.
wd40'd the motors, which is a common fault on all cd dvd systems as they get dirty and the 4 channel servo gets a touch confused spinning away until release velocity occurs. that when you swing the unit by the mains lead and cant hold on!
usually give them a spin at about 3-6vdc to clean the brushes, which they had used brush less pulsed.
still no reading.
pot damaged by someone on the cable, going to replace and set.
if that does not work then i am going to d-a/ audio line, cut it and put a set of rca's on the back panel and join dvd/cd/whatever.
low power unit so i will pop a write off 2 x 40watt class ab pcb with psu.
anyone have any ideas which is audio dac on the pcb.
save me checking all on datasheet archive, my favorite.
looking forward to having some fun with all.
colin44ct357@hotmail.com, Cape Town SA.

And here we go.
the dac is the Tda 1311a.
Lift the one side of the caps connected to pin 6 and 8 of the 1311 DAC.
the caps are marked CR02 and CL02. Left and Right.
Hook up an rca connector to the back panel, obviously grounding the earth to the decoder and connect the internal rca lead to the cap legs you have lifted. + sides of caps.
the negative sides go out of main connector BC01.
no you have rca in on the back panel for a cd/dvd...input.
about to doctor it now.
will let you know how it goes.

i hope all the audio does not go through the servo as the line in will only play.
this may be the case as the suystem does not do anything with BC01 disconnectee.
if so then i must find the cmos stereo switch on the pcb for tape/radio/cd in and do the mod on that chip.
one way or another this "Thing" is going to work.

will let you know if

Hide this!Advertise here!