optical lens for Sansui CDα-717D LTD CD player - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2011, 04:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default optical lens for Sansui CDα-717D LTD CD player

My Sansui CDα-717D LTD's optical lens is defective and I was wondering if it's still possible to find a NOS spare part to replace the existing one anywhere in USA, Asia or Europe to replace?

I appreciate any help!

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2011, 01:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi there!

Does anybody know where to find a laser assembly for Sansui CD-α717D LTD CD player?

It's a 90's machine but I like it and would like to have it serviced. I brought it in a case from Japan when I moved out from there but things went wrong and the laser assembly of my CD player got damaged. It still works but time to time it fails (it seems the CD player stops playing when it gets warm). It's not the case of jumping tracks, the player just stops in the middle of the track. By the way, although the referred Sansui is a vintage machine, its laser assembly lens has runned for less than 400 hours, so it's still new.

I appreciate any help or info about. Thx in advance!

Hide this!Advertise here!