MUSICAL FIDELITY XRAY & XDAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use 1541A in a Marantz cd player and I have a Pio cd with BB 1716.

The 1541 is my reference so far. I like it very much.
I have the DAC-END with AD1865N-K.
Unfortunately I have not had the time to finish it.

I also have an AD1865 in a Audio Note Dac1.1.

I will also try this with the I/V transformers I have just purchased from Sowter.co.uk (type 9545).

These sound quite good connected to a 1541 in a 1987 Philips CD471 (1541 outputs pre filtered with an LC Tee filter)

I

I use discrete power circuit for the 1541 and 7220 and those make a huge different in the sound. I also did a simple DEM reclock mod with BCK signal (2,8Mhz) and I2S signal attenuator. I use it in NOS and I dont have problems with highs like many of us reported.

I can tell the instruments sound so much alive very dynamic but also very smooth.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    497.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 88
I use discrete power circuit for the 1541 and 7220 and those make a huge different in the sound. I also did a simple DEM reclock mod with BCK signal (2,8Mhz) and I2S signal attenuator. I use it in NOS and I dont have problems with highs like many of us reported.

I can tell the instruments sound so much alive very dynamic but also very smooth.

I will try dem reclock and I2S attenuator eventually.
Without the LC filter the sound treble was a little brighter but also gritty and tiring due to the artifacts from the sampling frequency. I found the same with the Audio Note Dac1 when I removed the LC filter.

I have not yet finished a JLH high power 1996 version class A amp for use with my Martin Logan Aeon electrostatic hybrids so I cannot do any fine tuning until then. (currently use a Denon 1906 A/V amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.