24/192 ADC to I2S IC's?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th July 2011, 02:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 24/192 ADC to I2S IC's??

Can anyone recommendations for a 24/192 ADC to I2S solution???
Old 7th July 2011, 03:14 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
What performance level (i.e. how many real bits) were you wanting?
Old 7th July 2011, 11:15 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

WELL>....I guess that is a question now isn't it. I don't know how to answer that. I want to be able to record 24 bit 192Khz audio files. I guess my choices are 24bit and 32bit?? what are the proc and cons of each?

Zc
Old 7th July 2011, 11:48 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
The reference to 'real' bits was asking how low noise do you want to have? Noisy ADCs are cheaper than quiet ones. A true 24 bit ADC would have noise down around -140dB which is AFAIK unattainable with present day technology. Even if an ADC puts out 24bits, its very likely the bottom 4 bits at least will be essentially random noise.

If you say what source you're wishing to record I could perhaps home in a bit better on your requirements here.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:01 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Ahhh ok. Mostly this will be record transcription, some original recording(Live) etc.

Zc
Old 7th July 2011, 12:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

This will probably foot the bill very nicely then :

PCM4222 Evaluation Module (EVM) - PCM4222EVM - TI Tool Folder
Old 7th July 2011, 03:57 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I think is easyer to buy an audio ADC product then try to build something like that. Good ADC performance is not easy to attain.
I like the price/performance of E-MU product line, from E-MU 0204, E-MU 0404 (113dB with AK5385) to E-MU 1616 (120dB with AK5394A).
Old 7th July 2011, 04:58 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

You have frex CS5381 ADC but the PCM4222 seem to measure somewhat better.

DIY CS5381 Analog-to-Digital converter PCB Group buy
Old 8th July 2011, 11:58 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

wow much more complicated to get audio to Digi i see! sounds like there should be more DIY stuff on this end!
Old 11th April 2013, 12:00 PM   #10
Rixsta is offline Rixsta  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rixsta
Hi, i need to do the same, any update on this ?

Hide this!Advertise here!