Need help with Analogmetric TDA1541 DAC - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2011, 04:28 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGM View Post
....but why does it ALWAYS seem to be me ?
Why is everyone so frightened of baring their a...

Andrew
Possibly because they are put off by the clever dick know-it-alls, or 'Armchair Experts' as I call them.
There aren't too many on this forum, but all forums have them.

You did prove one thing as well - its not enough to ask dumb questions, you still have to let your ears be the judge and there's no shame in not going for the most complex, 'bees knees' solution thats being pontificated upon by the AEs.
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:50 AM   #102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
Possibly because they are put off by the clever dick know-it-alls, or 'Armchair Experts' as I call them.
There aren't too many on this forum, but all forums have them.

You did prove one thing as well - its not enough to ask dumb questions, you still have to let your ears be the judge and there's no shame in not going for the most complex, 'bees knees' solution that's being pontificated upon by the AEs.
I could not agree more

If there was less knob factor on this forum and more of just helping people and straight out DIY less of proving who has the superior intellect (especially of the more established members of Diyaudio) things would go along so much more smoother and be less of an intimidating place for newcomers to actually find out about the enjoyment of the DIY hobby .
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:32 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_peraic View Post
I could not agree more

If there was less knob factor on this forum and more of just helping people and straight out DIY less of proving who has the superior intellect (especially of the more established members of Diyaudio) things would go along so much more smoother and be less of an intimidating place for newcomers to actually find out about the enjoyment of the DIY hobby .
At last.........someone said it !!!

KNOBS.......ask me how much I laughed at that
I could write a list but you'd know who they are.

I do laugh at them now and imagine them with their mundane lives and dominant wives
mmm.. poetry !!

Paul you are a very funny man - that made my day.
Mr Battery in Scotland - you too - my spirits are lifted.
Watch out for more inane and meaningless posts from me in future - just for the hell of it !!

erm ..resistors...what are they for again ?

Andrew
Old 29th December 2011, 08:27 PM   #104
Sandor is offline Sandor  Italy
diyAudio Member

DEM clock frequency may be tuned by varying the value of the capacitor at pins 16 and 17. I have a 400 pF variable capacitor, of the type used in AM radio tuners. I am thinking to connect it to pin 16 and 17 and then adjust the capacitance to obtain a DEM clock frequency of, say, 352.8 KHz.
The question is: How can I reliably measure the (internal) DEM clock frequency without altering it?
I own a frequency meter and a 50 MHz digital oscilloscope with FFT.
Any ideas?

Last edited by Sandor; 29th December 2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 30th December 2011, 01:00 AM   #105
erin is offline erin  Australia
diyAudio Member

I have wondered for a while if a ceramic resonator could be installed instead of a capacitor.

CERAMIC RESONATOR 350 KHZ - ZTB350D
Old 30th December 2011, 01:03 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
The question is: How can I reliably measure the (internal) DEM clock frequency without altering it?
I own a frequency meter and a 50 MHz digital oscilloscope with FFT.
Any ideas?
I think I read somewhere that you have to measure off one of the decoupling pins with the 100nf capacitors.
Old 30th December 2011, 01:05 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

FWIW, after trying both what we have been calling the ecdesigns method (although I think it was around before ecdesigns) , and the Grundig method. I think the Grundig method subjectively sounds much better.
Old 30th December 2011, 07:34 PM   #108
Sandor is offline Sandor  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin View Post
FWIW, after trying both what we have been calling the ecdesigns method (although I think it was around before ecdesigns) , and the Grundig method. I think the Grundig method subjectively sounds much better.
Did you apply the DEM modding to an oversampled DAC or to a non-oversampling one?
Which frequency was used to feed DEM pins?
Did you inject BCK without dividing it? Or WS, as in the Grundig circuit?
Old 30th December 2011, 07:39 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Hi Erin, I've been wondering about that very thing. I'm thinking of trying the Grundig mod on my Analogmetric Dac. It really sounds better? My DAC is a little different. I'm running a NPC digital filter with glue logic instead of the 7220. OPA603 I/V 7th order GIC Bessel filter and OPA627 output buffer. For whatever reason I've never heard any glitches or misbehavior using the Analogmetric reclocking (Hagclock at 11.2896 MHZ). My second build is another story however. Wasn't so lucky on that one. Dave
Old 31st December 2011, 12:42 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Did you apply the DEM modding to an oversampled DAC or to a non-oversampling one?
Good question. It is NOS

Quote:
Which frequency was used to feed DEM pins?
Did you inject BCK without dividing it? Or WS, as in the Grundig circuit?
I used WS. I built the Grundig circuit exactly as in the schematic. Though I do realise the DEM frequency is technically too low. I probably should try it using BCK.

Hide this!Advertise here!