Need help with Analogmetric TDA1541 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ekidnah09, Is there a value on the Murata ferrite bead? I may have some ferrite beads in my electronics stash. :) The parts you mention (r17 and c34) are where the digital and analog grounds come together. That could make a difference.... I don't use the analog stage. However improved decoupling is always an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions. I have built 2 of these with some experimental mods. Interesting how the 2 don't sound at all the same. :) Dave

Ferrite bead details

Hi Torchwood421,
I used manufactures no BL02RN1R2M2B these have a 50ohm impedance between 20Mhz and 1000Mhz.
There are two others in the Farnel E14 catalogue BL01RN1A1D28 same specifications but axial construction or the BL02RN2R1M2B which is radial with 2 beads lowering the range to 4Mhz.
Farnel numbers are 9526838, 9526820 and 9526846.
I have no real reason for using the ones I used.
On many other DAC data sheets they show the digital and analog ground plains linked via a ferrite bead so I thought I would give it a go and to me in my system the sound improved a touch (more clearer).
It's a cheap mod and if you don't like it easy to undo.

I'm working on more mods to the analog stage, as I'm a learner I will stick with op amps for a while. The decoupling improved things and I'm presently reading as much as I can about op amps and how to optimise the cctry around them. :)

I have also got to read up on tda1541 decoulpling that's a whole thread of it's own.

Happy listening.
regards
Giovanni

Nakamichi DAC101

Just want to direct your attention to this DAC if you are into TDA1541. This unit is made for car entertainment, but it contains two TDA1541A S1 Single Crown in what seems to be differential mode. I got hold of one from Ebay. They show up from time to time. Am in the process of disconnecting the built in switch mode power supply (12v to +- 15 and 5v) and change to an analog supply.

This is a very nice unit to do some tweaking on. BTW I paid $100 for mine.

Attachments

• Nakamichi DAC101 a.jpg
    Nakamichi DAC101 a.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Nakamichi DAC101 b.jpg
    Nakamichi DAC101 b.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 271
  • NAKAMICHI DAC 101.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 92
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.