Tascam CD200 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th June 2011, 07:57 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tascam CD200

I have ordered the shop manual for this unit which BTW is an excellent transport in stock condition. I would like to convert it to a transport only. Any hints as to where to start with mods? Also the PS would be another area of possible improvement. Again any suggestions as to where to start. Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 09:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john dozier View Post
I have ordered the shop manual for this unit which BTW is an excellent transport in stock condition. I would like to convert it to a transport only. Any hints as to where to start with mods? Also the PS would be another area of possible improvement. Again any suggestions as to where to start. Thanks
Hi John: I am glad you are liking the Tascam CD-200. Have you had a chance to compare sound quality to your other transports? Beyond a certain quality level, it could get very difficult to detect much difference in them. The big question is, at what quality level does this take place with CD transports?
Old 21st August 2011, 07:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

John, how goes your experience with this unit?

I still love mine (a lot) and I might mod the existing DAC and analogue just for the hell of it!

I would be interested in your progress.

Keith Arnold
blakkshepeaudio
Old 21st August 2011, 01:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well, zi finally have my Antique Sound Lab "Monsoons" up and running (teflon caps and hexfred next on the list) I am feeding the D200 into an Anedio D1 dac. Speakers are Paradigm Sig S1s (wanted the magico but could not justify the expense) so the Paradigm Aluminums had to suffice. I previously had Little Dot transport. Main improvement is imaging-much wider and deeper, but strings and brass are also muchly improved. I have not had an expensive Dac or transport in this system but cannot imagine it being much better. I have not used the analogue outs, but I imagine they could be improved by the usual means (ics, coupling caps, etc. If any of you blokes down under come up with improvements for the transport and digital out sections please let me know. I think it is a real bargain as a transport! Kindest regards, Dr. John Dozier

Hide this!Advertise here!