Tascam CD200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have ordered the shop manual for this unit which BTW is an excellent transport in stock condition. I would like to convert it to a transport only. Any hints as to where to start with mods? Also the PS would be another area of possible improvement. Again any suggestions as to where to start. Thanks

I have ordered the shop manual for this unit which BTW is an excellent transport in stock condition. I would like to convert it to a transport only. Any hints as to where to start with mods? Also the PS would be another area of possible improvement. Again any suggestions as to where to start. Thanks

Hi John: I am glad you are liking the Tascam CD-200. Have you had a chance to compare sound quality to your other transports? Beyond a certain quality level, it could get very difficult to detect much difference in them. The big question is, at what quality level does this take place with CD transports?

Well, zi finally have my Antique Sound Lab "Monsoons" up and running (teflon caps and hexfred next on the list) I am feeding the D200 into an Anedio D1 dac. Speakers are Paradigm Sig S1s (wanted the magico but could not justify the expense) so the Paradigm Aluminums had to suffice. I previously had Little Dot transport. Main improvement is imaging-much wider and deeper, but strings and brass are also muchly improved. I have not had an expensive Dac or transport in this system but cannot imagine it being much better. I have not used the analogue outs, but I imagine they could be improved by the usual means (ics, coupling caps, etc. If any of you blokes down under come up with improvements for the transport and digital out sections please let me know. I think it is a real bargain as a transport! Kindest regards, Dr. John Dozier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.