Any Interest in a 2:1 I2S switch board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am laying out a simple 2:1 I2S switch board for my DAC project to switch between my 4:1MUX board and a USB Receiver interface. I am also including a 2:1 switch for switching master clock sources. The board will switch via 5V logic level. and the two switches can be operated independently.

I'm curious if anyone else would have interest in one? I only need one maybe two boards and will have extras to meet the min order.

I am trying to decide what sort of connections the board should have? right now it is set up for solder pads but I could easily design it for phoenix connectors or RJ-45 jacks etc. or possibly both depending on interest level.

I dont know what the cost will be just yet. but I would estimate maybe??? $20-30 plus shipping.

Please email or PM me if you would have interest.

Zc

Oh I guess I should have been more specific. This board uses a Quad 2 channel Multiplexer IC and a Single 2 Channel Multiplexer IC. A much more elegant solution than Switches or relays like was mentioned in the Twisted Pear forum.

This is a proven design that is available in a commercial product already that has been adapted as a stand alone board. It runs off 5v and switches via 5v logic level. it can be controlled by a micro-controller or you could use a simple SPDT switch.

Zc

keeps the signal paths short! no need to run the I2S lines all the way to a switch and back. I guess a relay would work too but...contacts get dirty with time and who knows what a relay or switch is doing to the digital signal. I would bet a relay or switch would mess up the impedance if the lines etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.