Twisted Pear Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am interested in Building a DAC based on some of the Twisted Pear kits. I want to use the USB Receiver/DAC and the (out of stock) S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver kits selected via a mux chip to a pair of COD DAC's with a 6H30 tube buffer output stage.

I am wondering if i need/want the Metronome ASRC kit thrown in there? Is that just for upsampling??

The manuals for these kits are very sparse and not much information is given on the workings of each kit. frankly this project is a little over my head as I don't have much experience working with digital circuitry. But these make it look like this wouldn't be to hard to do. and I am a little inspired by the Audio Research DAC8 units to try and build something i can afford myself.

It appears if you just took the T.P S/PDIF Transceiver for example and connected the I2S lines to any of their DAC's you would pretty much have a working system. plus power supply, switches, connectors etc of course. and It appears i could at least start that way and experiment with the basics and work my way out and learn as i go. In fact T.P. has some bundles as such.

But dangit i really want that S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver kit that is out of stock!

are these kits as simple as they look? or am I missing something?

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.