Arcam Delta 270 prob - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2011, 10:07 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Arcam Delta 270 prob

Hi all my old arcam delta 270 has packed up, It powers up ok and all the buttons respond but the disc is spinning all the time and im pretty sure its spinning in reverse the motor is active even with no disc in and with the drawer open, can anyone help ?
Old 24th June 2011, 01:29 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi

I have no experience with your Arcam model nor does it seem 26 others who read your thread and amazingly did not welcome you to the wonderful world of the DIY Audio forum

Welcome

Presumably it's just started out of the blue......or have you been making modifications ?

You need to download the service manual from the net and begin understanding the layout and workings of it.
I've been trying to do this for over a year on my Arcam Alpha and it can get tricky but with some help from the more patient and knowledgable members it can eventually make sense.

When my disc spins out of control it's usually because I forgot to do something with clock connections or the SAA7220 chip power feed has failed.
With your layout it may be something different but I suspect the whole CD process is similar.

I'd be surprised if no one has your machine on this forum and a rare samaritan may surface to offer proper advice.

Don't hold your breath though - this place sucks sometimes and seems to have it's fair share of absolute a..holes who only talk to you if you already know what your talking about and slap you down or ignore you if you don't.

Don't worry - being ignored here is quite normal - happens to me all the time
and..... there are more receptive forums if all else fails
I posted a few days ago on a CD problem I had and got one reply - many people read it........
I got my answer in 20 minutes from another forum.
I rest my case

There are nicer and seemingly more knowledgeable people elsewhere

Hide this!Advertise here!