YBA WD202 Opamp Rolling Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a YBA WD202 DAC which I'd like to try some different opamps in. Looking at the output section (see the attached photo) I was surprized to see two pairs of different opamps:

2 x BB OPA2134
2 x BB TL072

Can anyone tell me why this might be? Could it be related to the fact that this unit has both balanced and single ended outputs? I'm interested in trying some discrete opamps such as those from Burson.

Thanks in advance,

Trevor

Attachments

• YBA WD202 Output Stage.jpg
    YBA WD202 Output Stage.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Try searching for the schematic and posting it with your question. I did a quick look around and diden't find it. Many schematics can be found by searching, with perhaps the exception of very new equipment. If you do this, then even those of us who are not famillar with the specific equipment can explain much of how it works. :)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Unfortunately this is a fairly new model which just came out last year, so I'm not optimistic about find a schematic online:apathic:

Also I just noticed there's a third TL072 on a daughter board with the headphone jack, so these can't be for that.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this also. Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me the OPA2134's are the IV stages for the PCM1796 's balanced outputs.
And the TLO72 are the output buffers for the balanced output.
And the one you have on the headphone board is maybe the headphone amp.
It's all socketed, looks to me like this is all very upgradeable.

Like a triple stack of AD844's for the I/V ( Using the AD844 as an I/V )
OPA627's on "brown dogs" for the balanced output stage
And a nicer headphone opamp.

Cheers George

Attachments

• wd202-4-yba.jpg
    wd202-4-yba.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 79
  • wd202-8-yba.jpg
    wd202-8-yba.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Replaced the TL072 output buffer opamps with OPA2132, and there was quite large leap in sound quality that was heard, just getting used to this new sound for a few days.

Then I'll try changing the OPA2132 I/V opamps for some AD826 I have, see what happens there. Rutgers NL say the AD826, is one of the best opamps if your going to use opamps. https://www.by-rutgers.nl/IV-converter.html

BTW anyone got a circuit diagram yet for this very nice sounding YBA dac??

Cheers George

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.