Behringer Xenyx 2442fx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a 16channel mixer/filter for our church that seems to have suffered some kind of input failure. 4 of the 16 channels 9/10-11/12-13/14-15/16 are stuck in "Clip" as if they are all four being clipped by an input device. Currently I have it taken apart to look at any obvious failures such as burned parts and I have checked most of the OP's (V4580M) and as far as I can tell there fine, but there is like fifty of them on the board and I haven't checked them all.

When I first turn it on it's fine but after about five minutes all four channels go into clipping. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on where to start looking for problems? Thanks

Here is a schematic... this is a 1204, yours just has more channels... duplicates:

BEHRINGER XENYX 1204FX Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

The circuits of interest are on sht 3. The "volume" you refere to is the "fader". I would suspect that the amp following the fader is loading down the clip detector is why the dimming occurs. This should be easy to find the problem. I would suspect power supply to the op amps and the electrolytic coupling caps. These units are ESPECIALLY vulnerable to spilled liquids and I have seen power rails etched and burned through.
At the site, find the link "get manual" and click on it to download. The site is in Hungary and is the only real source of Behringer dwgs I have found.

Remember this CARDINAL RULE. ALWAYS power ALL interconnected equipment from the same receptacle or power conditioner, even if it means running an extension cord from the amps back to the mixer. Ground bounce in building wiring fries many a piece of audio equipment.

Remember this CARDINAL RULE. ALWAYS power ALL interconnected equipment from the same receptacle or power conditioner, even if it means running an extension cord from the amps back to the mixer. Ground bounce in building wiring fries many a piece of audio equipment.
Thanks I'll check that out, i'm sure not all of amps, computer and other items are powered from the same place. I'll also check all the outputs (Which would be inputs to the amps) and see if there is voltage or current present (coming from the amps) as there shouldn't be.

From Post #3, I searched further and it seems the 2442FX is also on that website;

Service manual, eprom result list | ElektroTanya | Service manuals and repair tips for electronics experts

Full circuit diagrams.

Excellent website, well worth bookmarking. end quote

Yes Sandy, the Xenyx version MIGHT be slightly different than the raw 2442FX version but it is worth comparing. I found this site over a year ago and I periodically send them a $10 contribution which is about 2000 of their currency in Hungary... I have downloaded hundreds of schematics from them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.