Tascam CD200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got one. Love it. Inbuilt DAC surprisingly good. Had a listen via both optical and coax out into a borrowed few mid range DACs and signal sounded predictably cleaner and with better depth and solidity of image. Very sturdy mechanicals - a good choice for a low cost (ridiculously cheap, in fact) transport.
No great depth gone into testing though, so I can't guarantee your satisfaction.
At the price though, at worst your 'stuck' with a versatile and robust unit that punches well above its weight SQ wise.

Thanks for the response. I ordered one today. I also have little dot and a HiFidiy cdm2 pro transport. All feed an Anedio dac, ASL Monsoon tube monoblocks and Paradigm SIG1V3 speakers. The system is extremely revealing. Just for fun I also ordered a TEAC 224 USB dac-well thought of for its error correction. We shall see. Thanks again.

It is to be here today. I have a Dr's appointment this morning so we shall see. I am looking forward to trying it. Expecting good things! Thanks for your report. I have also orderd shop manual. Will look into disabling audio and D-A sections to clean up the transport area. If it shows promise will see about a regulated supply. Thanks again Dr. John Dozier

Well, it arrived in good order. As is the case with all the Tascam gear I have used, very sturdy but not luxurious build. The Anedio DAC has excellent jitter reduction, using a Scientific Conversion pulse xformer, Wolfson receiever and Saber 9018 dac chip. After a day of being poked and prodded, I will wait until tomorrow to set up the beast. Will use Canare 75ohn RCA initially with a change out to BNCs at some point. I will give a report later. Regards

Tascam has them. In your case, the Aussie branch. I am dealing with the US branch. Just hooked up the CD200. So far the combo with the Anedio DAC is excellent. Not broken in of course or is the new cable (with teflon insulation-a real pain to break in analogue or digital) I think we have a winner here though. The mechanism is smooth and silent-much more so than I imagined for the price. SQ is becoming really nice-depth, soundstage width are all there. I am soundstage fanatic-that is why I went to minimonitors after having used ribbons and electrostats for many years. The Paradigm S1v3 are champs at this. Very Pleased so far, certainly as good as many highly touted big buck transports. I will keep you posted as break in continues. Kindest regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.