I2s transport, CEC??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Duck-Twacy said:
I'm looking for a CD transport with I2S (to connect to my PT P-3A)

Is this "super link" thing of CEC transports the same as I2S??

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In that case a (second hand) TL-51 might be interesting for me.

Hi Duck-Twacy,
As the I2S concept is a Philips idea you will find it most likely in Philips players or clones.
But it also can be done with f.a. a Sony. The format of the four signals is different now as it is Sony/Burr-Brown format.
In the manual of the CEC TL1X I see a YM7121C DSP IC. Probably a Yamaha IC. Mabe also Sony/BB format???
What digital filter is the PT P-3A using? This to confirm the format you need.
I like te mechanical oilpump idea picturing SPDIF!
:idea:

I2S?

Hi Duck-Twacy
Your Perpetual Technologies DAC uses a 5 pin mini DIN jack, Audio Alchemy standard. I am not sure the signals are Philips I2S standard as Audio Alchemy used a Pioneer Stable Platter transport.
Why not simply ask the manufacturer for a list of compatable transports?
The only "standard" interfaces are AES/EBU and SPDIF (but poorly conceived).

That might be an idea, although the name Audo Alchemy and Camelot will probably come up, both are hard to get around here. (I believe AA doesnt exist anymore). By the way, once PT promesed to deliver a universal transport (also for DSD I believe), however devevelopment goes very slow at PT. First I think there will be a P5 processor/digital pre (with roomcorrection features), that is, if the company survives the economic recession I think.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.