rotel rcd-971 opamp substitution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK...but do you mean 2x AD811 (i was told that 811 is not exactly single version of ad812), OR AD811+ some other opamp after (another 811)?

2 X AD811 with heatsinks, on Brown Dog adapter. Do not go above + and - 12V DC on a supply. DIL ceramic package is very expensive but sounds much better compared to plastic DIL.

LM6172 is outstanding as a second stage (if there's need for a second stage)

Boky

2 X AD811 with heatsinks, on Brown Dog adapter. Do not go above + and - 12V DC on a supply. DIL ceramic package is very expensive but sounds much better compared to plastic DIL.

LM6172 is outstanding as a second stage (if there's need for a second stage)

Boky

Interestingly, I modified previously power supply to obtain 12V...and AD812 (2k in feedback) runs cool, just touch of warmness (and coller than AD826 or 828)...I hope it is not counterfeit, after all:confused::eek:. This mean, if it is...wow, than we are all really prone to placebo on these chips:drool:

I have 6172...no problem , but do you have any tips for testing AD812?

Interestingly, I modified previously power supply to obtain 12V...and AD812 (2k in feedback) runs cool, just touch of warmness (and coller than AD826 or 828)...I hope it is not counterfeit, after all:confused::eek:. This mean, if it is...wow, than we are all really prone to placebo on these chips:drool:

I have 6172...no problem , but do you have any tips for testing AD812?

AD812 runs cold. AD811 is completely different (check the quiescent current and compare it with AD812). AD811 will run very hot and eventually go out-of-specs if used with + and - 12V DC and no heatsink. Ideal supply for this IC is + and - 10V DC, in which case the heatsinks are not needed.

Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.