Upgrading & modding new Oppos, BDP-93 & BDP-95

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi,

What is the best link between the OCXO and the motherboard?
Coaxial; Bybee quantum or other?
Thank you in advance for your advice

Shortest as possible coax should be the best. If is not about an quite big oscillator PCB, then mounting the encapsulated OCXO right over/beside the clock input pad it could be much better. In such case is not necessary any coax, but only few mm long wire...

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi,

I want to know which site to buy quality wire for the inside of the cabler OPPO power to different cards.
Thank you in advance.
Johann

I can not see that you may need some special wires for such power connections. It works very well to use the normal coper wires, with a correct section for the current needed... Another better way is to use in parallel 2-3 wires for the same connection. It lower the resistance of resulting connection. Oppo already use this way to connect the power supply output with the rest of the devices.
On the signal path is worth to use better wires, such silver or silver coated coper.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Really ?
Can you pease give more details ?

something to buy? what ?

You may find an idea (for BSP95) in this thread...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ing-modding-new-oppos-bdp-93-bdp-95-a-10.html

In your case maybe will not fit exactly this way to do it, but anyway the point is about to find a solution to attach a better and more effective heat sink for that processor... Even an enough big surface aluminium plate in direct contact with the chip, will help much the processor to cool down...

Last edited:
OPPO BDP 105

coax, optical and USB in (asynchronous!)
HDMI in (!)

not bad....

Boky

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oppo say that the new model "OPPO BDP-105 is designed from the ground up...).
This it seems to me as very interesting. Waiting for the inside pictures of this new model.
Personally I think it will anyway still enough to be modified and upgraded in this model too... But is better to start those upgrades form a higher base level...
We will see...

No 105 now , 103 hopefully gives you all some idea .

Larry :)

It seems OPPO has finally produced a decent piece of hardware. I really like what I see here. Nice switched mode power supply with decent filtering, properly aligned connectors between power supply board and analog board for shortest connection & decent interconnecting wires. What I see for the first time in OPPO hardware is the local regulation positioned exactly where it should be - next to analog IC's and DAC. Same applies to other IC's for video processing.

Lets see what 105 looks like inside. Full blown DAC with a-sync USB, universal player and HDMI input (and headphones out socket) classify this OPPO as one of the kind in the whole industry. It could easily become my first OPPO...

Boky

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It seems OPPO has finally produced a decent piece of hardware. I really like what I see here. Nice switched mode power supply with decent filtering, properly aligned connectors between power supply board and analog board for shortest connection & decent interconnecting wires. What I see for the first time in OPPO hardware is the local regulation positioned exactly where it should be - next to analog IC's and DAC. Same applies to other IC's for video processing.

Boky

You may precise that you were sarcastic in this part of your post (it seems like this to me)...
Else, your critic is just right. BDP103 (as 93) are quite cheap devices and the care of Oppo for that professional build/design in this player is not quite high... It work for that money they sell it...

Last edited: