DIY hifi source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Is there also a possibility to connect a lcd\tft display to the subboard.
One could use a spi controlled display but it would be nice to be able to
connect a display with a higher resolution (like 480x272) with touchscreen.

Is also the wifi included in the mentioned price. Because it seems not the be placed on the photo of the latest version of the processor board.
It would be a great way to be able to control the player with eg a smartphone.

Is the SATA interface still available on the subboard ?

The price USD100 would provide indeed a great platform for a diy\opensource audio hdd player.

greetings,

Gene

kelin:
tft will be easily to be change according the spec of the tft later, we are going to make it the simplest way to change the screen. now we do use 400x240 with ts.
wifi is optional by using a usb wifi dongle with the price like USD4. on board wifi cost too much and we'll cut it.
sata and 10/100M network is always there.

and the platform is flexible to upgrade to be a usb sound card up to 192k/24bit, airplay something. even with digital 2 way filter for independent power amplifier 2-way speaker system but it takes times.

Power

are there any of the 5-10 eval boards still available? i have many dacs including a 4 channel es9012 ackodac and a es9018 buffalo 2 to test with. this looks quite appealing. i don't have equipment to test jitter though

Last edited:
kelin:
tft will be easily to be change according the spec of the tft later, we are going to make it the simplest way to change the screen. now we do use 400x240 with ts.
wifi is optional by using a usb wifi dongle with the price like USD4. on board wifi cost too much and we'll cut it.
sata and 10/100M network is always there.

and the platform is flexible to upgrade to be a usb sound card up to 192k/24bit, airplay something. even with digital 2 way filter for independent power amplifier 2-way speaker system but it takes times.

Power

i have already multichannel usb-i2s card that i use with my mac mini, it could perhaps even be integrated with this? its usb audio codec 2.0 compatible. i have iPad to test wireless perhaps and this would make a nice almost headless solution for crossover, which is where i'm headed with all of this

sorry for the later response cause we met problem while just send the boards out for users to test, so that we have to make a whole machine to send out for easier test for users.

and first case is done but transformer not included, it makes the grounding is not good so we are starting a second modification, and everything is including in the case.

will be ready in 2-3 months cause we also have many OEM manufacturers to design in.

drop me a mail if you did not see my reply @ powerpan, google mail account.

thanks for keeping your eyes on this product.

eval boards still there, but we change the plan to send a finished product out for users who wants to test.

we might have a plan for whom wants to buy this machine, evaluate before you buy one, or passed to the next user to test. all you will pay is one way US domestic shipping(we'll first ship this machines to US), and the next shipping charge will be paid by the next user who wants to test.

we'll send a brand new one to the users who wants to buy one with all the shipping costs free, including the evaluate shipping cost.

how does it sound?

are there any of the 5-10 eval boards still available? i have many dacs including a 4 channel es9012 ackodac and a es9018 buffalo 2 to test with. this looks quite appealing. i don't have equipment to test jitter though

sorry that we don't have this plan to go at this moment.
I think we could output multi-i2s signal by our codec, to playback hifi track is our goal and the playback quality is a lot better than usb-i2s card.

i have already multichannel usb-i2s card that i use with my mac mini, it could perhaps even be integrated with this? its usb audio codec 2.0 compatible. i have iPad to test wireless perhaps and this would make a nice almost headless solution for crossover, which is where i'm headed with all of this

Hi, all

I'm back after months' work.
some pictures for you guys to see the working result.

one is final who PCB fit in case pic
one is initial DAC 1K fft (so you know why I could not deliver the machine)
one is the final result DAC 1K fft

Attachments

• ???? 2012-05-07_11-38-09_44.jpg
    ???? 2012-05-07_11-38-09_44.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 326
  • ???? 2012-05-08_18-14-21_26.jpg
    ???? 2012-05-08_18-14-21_26.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 331
  • ???? 2012-05-08_18-35-37_814.jpg
    ???? 2012-05-08_18-35-37_814.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 278
sorry that we don't have this plan to go at this moment.
I think we could output multi-i2s signal by our codec, to playback hifi track is our goal and the playback quality is a lot better than usb-i2s card.

I think you overstate things without trying what is lately available; perhaps you have been working on your project too long. besides with proper synchronous clocked dac and i2s fifo buffer, input jitter is fairly meaningless (within realistic amounts expected).

I play 2 channel also, but with phase correct digital software crossover, so I need a balanced dac channel to drive each individual speaker driver with a bank of 6 x balanced input power amp channels. nothing to do with playing multichannel audio. I think this is impossible with your setup, so I wish you good luck!

I think you overstate things without trying what is lately available; perhaps you have been working on your project too long. besides with proper synchronous clocked dac and i2s fifo buffer, input jitter is fairly meaningless (within realistic amounts expected).

I play 2 channel also, but with phase correct digital software crossover, so I need a balanced dac channel to drive each individual speaker driver with a bank of 6 x balanced input power amp channels. nothing to do with playing multichannel audio. I think this is impossible with your setup, so I wish you good luck!

why not just tell me what you expected?
don't know if you have a system that could distinguish the difference of playing the same song store in different sectors of a hard drive.
hifi has lots of UNKONWN SPEC as we knew.
we just wanna make a good player that could beat CD player all the way, that's all.

don't know if you have a system that could distinguish the difference of playing the same song store in different sectors of a hard drive.
Are you saying that there is a difference to the digital data from different sectors, so a song recorded on one portion of a hard drive will sound different from the same song (and digital data) stored at a different location?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.