Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2012, 05:24 PM   #891
MrSlim is offline MrSlim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSen View Post
One thing one should be aware of is that not all operating systems can be used on the Raspberry since it has an ARM processor. The OS must be compiled for ARM processors if it should work. For example VoyageMPD is one example that will not run on an ARM processor (as far as I know)
Since there is already a Debian / ARM distro available (and recommended) for the Pi, and ARM emulators to do the compiling on, it should be fairly easily to build a distibution with equivalent capabilities as VoyageMPD(which is Debian based) (and mpdpup for that matter) for the Raspberry Pi..
Old 12th June 2012, 06:48 AM   #892
ENSen is offline ENSen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlim View Post
Since there is already a Debian / ARM distro available (and recommended) for the Pi, and ARM emulators to do the compiling on, it should be fairly easily to build a distibution with equivalent capabilities as VoyageMPD(which is Debian based) (and mpdpup for that matter) for the Raspberry Pi..
That sounds good.
Old 12th June 2012, 06:54 AM   #893
diyAudio Member

I have been toying with angstrom and the beaglebone device that I have (based on a ti arm processor) if I get something positive could provide images suitable for that combination also with optimisations for mpd and music playback.

I'm just at the beginning of my learning curve for embeded linux though so don't expect anything too soon.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:30 AM   #894
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
I have been toying with angstrom and the beaglebone device that I have (based on a ti arm processor) if I get something positive could provide images suitable for that combination also with optimisations for mpd and music playback.

I'm just at the beginning of my learning curve for embeded linux though so don't expect anything too soon.
Another poster drew my attention to puppy linux. He claimed the quality with the beaglebone was worth investigating. That drew me to discover mpdpup. Here the author takes all the work out of learning linux as he has wizards to configure everything.
Old 14th June 2012, 05:42 AM   #895
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlowes View Post
Another poster drew my attention to puppy linux. He claimed the quality with the beaglebone was worth investigating. That drew me to discover mpdpup. Here the author takes all the work out of learning linux as he has wizards to configure everything.
Sorry I should have been a bit more clear, I'm not looking for an out of the box mpd system. I have a more expansive plan for the use of beagle bone in my system that includes control/automation as well. I can get around 'normal' linux distros quite painlessly but building/customising/cross-compiling an embeded linux distro is something I want to learn for my own personal curiosity.

I was just letting the waveio users know that my project may later this year (for testing/development version) produce something that I can make available for other users and if I can I will make it so that it can even further remove the entry threshold for those concerned about learning curve associated linux. I am thinking pre-loaded sdcards to make the computer almost an appliance.

When I have something to share I will open up a thread for discussion
Old 14th June 2012, 08:36 AM   #896
PET-240 is offline PET-240  Australia
diyAudio Member

Least you close by so I can break it.....
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:27 PM   #897
diyAudio Member

Smile my wave io came in...

Hi Lucian,

I received the piece-of-art by post yesterday. In perfect order, not broken or bent!
You did such a beautiful job in building the card. Can't imagine how you do it!
I think a leave it on my desk for the next few days just to look at it. After the weekend it has to do were it is designed for,
I`ll let you know how I like it's sound later,
A happy person,
ED
Old 24th June 2012, 12:59 PM   #898
diyAudio Member

Unhappy No higher bitrate than 16 connecting via SPDIF-Buff III possible

Hi Lucian and all!

Could not wait longer with just trying the Wave IO on my Buff III.
What I did , after installing your latest drivers, was for simplicity
reason, connecting to the isolated SPdif. USB powered.
Sound was beautiful, but the guy only worked on 16/44.1.

Reinstalled the driver,

Changed USB 3 connection on my PC to USB 2,

Gave him extern power: a 0,5 amp shuntreg (Placid HD from TP, 50mil. shunt),

No change in behavior!

Maybe an idea what I possibly did wrong?
Must say I will eventually use the I2S coax outputs to the Buff III.

Have a nice weekend,

Ed

Last edited by ed linssen; 24th June 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 24th June 2012, 02:06 PM   #899
diyAudio Member

Hello Ed,
is Windows running on your PC and what type of player are you using? As written on my private reply to you, make sure that your music is not killed by Windows KMixer.sys Try to bypass it by running WaveIO in ASIO, WASAPI or Kernel Streaming mode.
Cheers,
L
Old 24th June 2012, 03:11 PM   #900
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Hello Ed,
is Windows running on your PC and what type of player are you using? As written on my private reply to you, make sure that your music is not killed by Windows KMixer.sys Try to bypass it by running WaveIO in ASIO, WASAPI or Kernel Streaming mode.
Cheers,
L
Hi, Lorien, Thanks for your reply!

Did not get the E-mail.(until now...)
I work on W7 Ult. 64 bits.
Player is XXHighEnd , latest version.
I managed getting it work up to 24/192! In Wasapi however.
Trying in KS does not work higher than 16/44. Which is a pity because I miss a lot of settings in the program to let it sound optimal.
Maybe I2S-coax works in a different way. I will need some more time to work that out. I'll let you know,
All the best,
Ed

Hide this!Advertise here!