XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

@Lorien:Thanks! WaveIO- very good sound, stable device.
No problem about gallery.
One question about samplerate settings in control panel (WIN 7)
Regardless of the frequency of the playing file output format remains the same as defined in the device settings. Hence, resampling occurs means the operating system kernel? Or the driver? How can I make the output bitrate automatic switch would be match the playing file bitrate?
p.s. sorry for my bad English :^)

Is the sample rate 44.1fs? Are the sample rate LEDs on WaveIO reflecting any changes? What type of Win player do you use?
Thank you for your kind words about this board! Your pictures will be posted on WaveIO's site today.
Cheers,
L

Edit: @ henry97: noted, thank you!

I'm sorry if I missed the posting referring to this. What is the power needed to separately power the isolator and the xmos parts of the board? I'm using two different power supplies, one for the board and one for the isolator, both are 5v. I know the revised draw for the board is 380mA from a previous post correcting the initial 500mA quote.

Thanks.

Hi Lucian,
do mean by any chance that DSD reproduction is only a matter of a firmware upgrade ? :eek::)

best regards
Pepe
I simply hope so Pepe! Didn't try out any significant changes in the firmware but at a first sight it seems so.

Lorien have added my self for one + DB.
Noted, thank you!

Hi, I'd just like to know if it's possible to have 2 waveio running at the same time?
For the moment I have 2 different interfaces (included 1 waveio) to drive my multi-amp speakers with a PC software digital filter and I'd like to have 2 waveio.
Regards
Didn't try out this configuration yet but I want to do this on Windows. Unfortunately the Thesycon installer don't want to cooperate even if I change the PID for the second card. Stubborn things!

Or, Lorien,
I understand you are making a reclocker = the daughterboard.
is your reclocker extension going to provides a synchronized LE and inverted-LE that allows attaching a PCM5*, PCM6*? That would solve my problem (I am currently contemplating a ready-made reclocker to do the trick).
albert
Well, if is that so then I'll insert this request in my "TODO" list. I usually like to work on the I2S path only as the card was designed to support this protocol. The harder thing will be to test this in real life... as I do not own such a DAC chip to "hear" how it sings (or not) :)
As for the moment, your ready-made reclocker will be your fastest solution to solve your issue since DB is still in development.

I'm sorry if I missed the posting referring to this. What is the power needed to separately power the isolator and the xmos parts of the board? I'm using two different power supplies, one for the board and one for the isolator, both are 5v. I know the revised draw for the board is 380mA from a previous post correcting the initial 500mA quote.

Thanks.
The WaveIO card usually needs up to 380mA when working at 24/192. My previous estimations were all wrong and I'm sorry about that. Anyway I'm not upset (too hard) about it as it's better to have some extra current for "just in case" situations rather than be on the opposite end (like when you will power your WaveIO board from the USB bus).

Edit: forgot about NVE isolator. The datasheet is located here and at pages 5 and 6 you will see the infos you need (look for Idd2 of IL715 part). I say that 20mAmps @ 3.3Vdc will do the trick.

Kind regards,
Lucian

Last edited:
Hmm, this is new to me as from what I can remember I took every measures to produce a signed driver for this hell called Windows! I kindly ask any of WaveIO owners that are using it with Windows 8 OS to report if they have encountered such an issue on their behalf too.
@ cormierr: Please PM me with your OS version to try and find a solution for you.
Kind regards,
L

New commer

Hi Lorien

I'm not a WaveIO owner yet, but hope to be soon too.

I have Scarlattie DAC and wish to have your solution by USB to S/PDIF.
I read this thread for two more weeks and still not get whether this solution could be "Word Clock 44.1 KHz in" or not. I have scarlatte clock too. It will be good if there is word clock in.

I need the daughter board, please add me to the list.

Thank you very much!

Hello Vincelin, I got your email and responded right after but your email account is Y! one and their spam filters are always block my emails. Now, regarding to your question, it seems that you ask about word clock input on WaveIO. If so, then the only solution I can provide (as we are DIYers) is to leave the NDK oscillators unassembled on your card (I'll send them separately to you). With two coaxial cables you can slave your WaveIO to any clock source that can provide 22.5792 and 24.576 MHz signals. This could make WaveIO synchronous to your digital audio chain and do some good to your listening sessions :) I do not say it's the best but it worth the try. As for the daughter, the list is updated, than you!
Cheers,
L

EDIT: @ cormierr: I didn't get any news from you. Should I understand that you found a way to solve the issue?

Last edited:
i'm trying to power the board with a 6v 2000ma nicd battery but it can only keep it operational for an hour or so before the voltage drops off.

may be you are frying the overvoltage protection.... and so drawing a lot of current

you really need to do satble 5 volts on the board.... a battery is not a good solution for that IMO