Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2012, 09:47 AM   #631
diyAudio Member

I'm glad that it's solved! For shorter I2S connections though, you can place your WaveIO as closest to your DAC as possible and switch it to external USB (J8=EXT) by using an adapter like this one.
Cheers,
L
Old 27th April 2012, 11:06 AM   #632
diyAudio Member

external usb (with a usb cable I'm crafting) and external power are two future steps in search of improvement.
At that point I'll turn WaveIO 90 counterclockwise and I2S cable will be less than 10mm.
Just a hint for whoever need a connector for isolated pins at nearly no cost: an old ide connector
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaveIO working.jpg (73.8 KB, 711 views)
File Type: jpg WaveIO isolated connector.jpg (55.8 KB, 694 views)
Old 27th April 2012, 06:15 PM   #633
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
A question for Wolfsin or whoever
Thanks hochopeper for answering correctly. I am exploring digital sides of WaveIO and WM8740 but have yet to connect. There is no DPC latency issue on any of my computers except the eeePC portable. I am writing a small Windows dialog app to control the Diolan->WM874x register interface. It will also respond to http gets with a tiny webpage for the Palm Tungsten so I will have volume, balance, and mute thru wi-fi. Tungsten C was shipped with a web browser and wi-fi and I just received one for US$6.14 shipped
Old 28th April 2012, 10:28 PM   #634
shoom is offline shoom  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi Lucian

i've just build a Teleporter Buffalo III to try with Your board connected frpm PC with .5M Wireworld Ultraviolet cable.

WAVEIO into Buffalo III sounds just sublime

thanks again for the great board

take care
Old 29th April 2012, 04:01 AM   #635
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorean

A quick question. Is it possible to connect between a pc and the usb to i2s interface via wifi or wireless bridge by using some kinda of usb to wireless adapter ?
Old 29th April 2012, 04:39 AM   #636
diyAudio Member

quick answer is: No. No such device exists to my knowledge.

You may be able to have a low powered computer local to the WaveIO device and connect to storage somewhere else on the network though that adds a layer of complexity I think you're trying to avoid ...
Old 29th April 2012, 07:05 AM   #637
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
external usb (with a usb cable I'm crafting) and external power are two future steps in search of improvement.
At that point I'll turn WaveIO 90 counterclockwise and I2S cable will be less than 10mm.
Just a hint for whoever need a connector for isolated pins at nearly no cost: an old ide connector
you know that screw terminal will be decimating any impedance matching you achieve with those u.fl cables right? its completely possible to turn that input into a bank of 4 x u.fl
Old 29th April 2012, 07:33 AM   #638
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabanyayaya View Post
Hi Lorean

A quick question. Is it possible to connect between a pc and the usb to i2s interface via wifi or wireless bridge by using some kinda of usb to wireless adapter ?
There's a project somewhere that allows usb over ethernet, I think the host has to be linux but I could be wrong. An old thin client or something like a beagle board would be more than sufficient. But you could also turn that old thin client into a squeezebox/mpd-server/etc.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Old 1st May 2012, 08:21 PM   #639
pawlus is offline pawlus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
you know that screw terminal will be decimating any impedance matching you achieve with those u.fl cables right? its completely possible to turn that input into a bank of 4 x u.fl
How would one do that? Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:39 PM   #640
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to audiodesign Send a message via Skype™ to audiodesign
I should receive soon these parts to compare the isolated I2S output with coax outputs

RS 685-1037
Connettori RF D/E cable assy,1.37mm dia,50mm L,Tin Hirose U.FL-2LP-088K1T-A-(50) consegna in 24 ore

RS 557-981
Connettori RF Presa PCB SMT 6GHz Hirose U.FL-R-SMT-1(10) consegna in 24 ore

I am working on a board with 16x2 LCD and PIC 16F877 to control the XMOS interface and many DAC chip to set many parameters and the volume with infrared remote

Last edited by audiodesign; 2nd May 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!